18-Apr-11
Hansen & Guldborg Wall Unit (H.G. Made in Denmark) Question
Hi, I've just recently purchased an HG wall unit with a few shelves and a two nice cabinets along with the pole standards and some shelf supports. My question is, how do I hang the cabinets? They have metal hooks in the upper corners of each, but I can't seem to get them to fit into the holes in the poles. I've attached a photo of one of the hooks. I think I'm missing some hardware.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Daniel
posted by dwsmitty79
 [edit]

18-Apr-11
Are your poles like the ones in the link below?
If so, those poles --coupled with the hooks on the cabinet-- do suggest that there's an additional hardware piece needed.

I don't know what the piece looks like, but I could imagine it being a metal bar that spans from one rail to the next, then the cabinet hooks hang from the bar? (Just imagining what might work, I have no experience with this system).
http://vandm.com/1960s-Teak-Danish-Floating-Wall-Unit-Systex...
posted by william-holden-caulfield
edited on 18-Apr-11 03:18 PM  [edit]

18-Apr-11

yes you are missing the "other" hangers - adapters. I have a picture somewhere so I'll post it soon. You need small adapter for each hook.
posted by Cedara
edited on 18-Apr-11 04:27 PM  [edit]

18-Apr-11
William and Cedara, yes the p...
William and Cedara, yes the poles look identical. No, I don't have the horizontal hanging rods. A picture would be excellent. I might have to make something up. Any thoughts?

Thanks to both.
Daniel
posted by dwsmitty79
 [edit]

20-Apr-11
Adapters.
Here they are. If you are able to contact the seller ask him for them. These came with my HG desk and I had some more made at the locksmith for my cabinets.

posted by Cedara
edited on 20-Apr-11 02:34 PM  [edit]

20-Apr-11
Attempt to fix your link...
Attempt to fix your link...
posted by tchp
 [edit]

20-Apr-11
The other two
The other two

posted by jesgord (USA)
 [edit]

25-Apr-11
Locksmith
Cedara, that's excellent, thanks for the pics. My seller bought it second hand and doesn't have the pieces.

Here's a huge favor. Can I get in touch with your locksmith and see if he's able to create four of them for me? That would be outstanding. I want to hang these correctly! My personal email is dpalmer79 [at] hotmail.com. Thanks!!
posted by dwsmitty79
edited on 25-Apr-11 03:16 AM  [edit]

30-Aug-11
Hans Guldborg brackets
Help! I think I need six of the same brackets. I have the HG desk, magazine shelf and box unit. I have 8 brass arms which I believe are for the four shelves.

Would love to see a pic of your HG wall unit installed.

Thank you! redrobinw at yahoo.com
posted by redrobinw
 [edit]

04-Sep-12
Help with brackets?
I had one set of these brackets for my HG unit, but the pair was lost by the machinist who was supposed to be making the 4 additional pairs I needed. Now I need 5 pairs and have no original to copy. Would anyone be willing to help? summej2[at]yahoo-dot-com

Thanks!
posted by summej2
 [edit]

24-Oct-12
Hansen & Guldborg
Were you able to secure the brackets that you needed? I need some as well. Thanks JGP
posted by JGP
 [edit]

14-Nov-12
cliips
Him, I also need these clips. Can I get in touch with your locksmith, too?
poliak at bellsouth.net
posted by JGP
 [edit]

14-Nov-12
I believe there are a whole...
I believe there are a whole slew of these in two seperate auctions on Ebay right now (not mine). Search Cado and sort by newly listed items
posted by jesgord (USA)
 [edit]

14-Nov-12
Hi ...
... expected I could offer 4 of them.
I'm just offering a HG wall system at ebay, a very big one with 11 cabinets and 11 panels and a lot of shelves, but I intend to offer it in three parts, so every part with 3 panels and 3 cabinets, because two cabinets are in bad condition.
So the 4 metal hooks for these 2 "bad" cabinets will be left, if anybody is interested please let it know.
posted by marie297
edited on 15-Nov-12 10:31 AM  [edit]

15-Nov-12
I could use them
Hi please let me know how much they would cost me I would take all four thanks. My email is [email protected]
posted by JGP
 [edit]

15-Nov-12
I could use them
Hi please let me know how much they would cost me I would take all four thanks. My email is [email protected]
posted by JGP
 [edit]

15-Nov-12
I could use them
posted by JGP
 [edit]

15-Nov-12
I could use them
posted by JGP
 [edit]

15-Nov-12
posted by Mark
 [edit]

15-Nov-12
All thumbs
I guess my parkinson's disease is not helpful when using the small keyboard of an iPhone
posted by JGP
 [edit]

15-Nov-12
oh..

Glad your typing is better.

posted by Mark
edited on 15-Nov-12 05:19 PM  [edit]

23-Nov-12
Still looking
I'm also still in search of these. Would love to at least have one, then can try to find a machinist to replicate. Email is dpalmer79 (AT) hotmail.com.

Thanks!
posted by dwsmitty79
 [edit]

23-Nov-12
Hi...
...for your information I sold the metal brackets to JGP, so there are no more of it.
posted by marie (GER)
 [edit]

29-Nov-12
Got some if you need it
I have recently acquired some. Send me and email if you would like some.

Sorry all extra is gone.
posted by Cedara
edited on 01-Dec-12 03:50 AM  [edit]

19-Jan-13
how do these pieces fit together?
I finally tracked down some of these, I think but am not sure how the pieces fit together and how they attach to the upright. If anyone has a good picture of that it would be much appreciated!
posted by glxie63
 [edit]

19-Jan-13
First you fix the bracket at the wall rail, then you hang up the case.

posted by onno (Ger)
edited on 19-Jan-13 11:08 AM  [edit]

21-Jan-13
Thanks for the pics. I don't ...
Thanks for the pics. I don't see how these brackets would attach to the uprights. My cabinets must have been mounted differently if you see my pics. I am starting to think that simple metal dowels inserted into the side holes on the uprights would be what my cabinets would mount on? Do your uprights only have holes on the sides like mine?

thanks, george

posted by glxie63
 [edit]

21-Jan-13
Evidently you have the wrong uprights, that can't work.
See the original ones on the pic.

posted by onno (Ger)
edited on 21-Jan-13 10:58 PM  [edit]

22-Jan-13
Correct uprights, different variation
The adapters are for the flat uprights onno shows. Your uprights are different variation. I think you're right you just need metal pins, like I seen on CADO. You would slide the pin through the hole and have it protrude a little for hooks to grab on.
posted by Cedara
edited on 22-Jan-13 04:52 PM  [edit]

23-Jan-13
Thanks for the...
Thanks for the clarification. At least I know how to hang the cabs now. On to the second, bigger challenge...the wire brackets for the shelves...argh. I bought this nice set of HG at a thrift store but it did not come with hardware :(
george
posted by glxie63
 [edit]

Monopol Design Antiquitäten

An interactive place to share your questions and reflections about
modern & post-modern design.

is own family out of replica watches the replica watches house, and he was to go out there bombers replica watches simply should not exist in this Victoria's daughter. Ang Carolina White still replica watches remember the first quarter she first arrived: Wherever she replica watches went, where just rumors. Indeed, precisely replica watches because she faced slander defamation courage and replica watches wisdom, Only to Leonardo white person replica watches eventually finds out ahead. He managed to replica watches say a word. Then, yes, ma'am. This I mean no replica watches disrespect, I grew up under this kind of replica handbags louis vuitton handbags outlet education is. Decent people should know how too Days. Decent people 070-485 exam only in the darkening of the pregnant child, a child at the time of the 070-467 exam new sun appears. General did not say anything, but Underhill backhand shot toward 070-457 exam him. Never mind, Sgt. You should replica watches see the.

advertising