TL
26-Nov-12
Hans J. Wegner Sofa, model GE-236/4
I've been looking @ Getama GE-236/4 sofas designed by Hans J. Wegner. I noticed that some of the sofas have three legs & others have two yet they still have the same reference number.

Was the sofa with three legs an option during the sofa's initial production ?

posted by Lot 112
 [edit]

26-Nov-12
The proportions are also...
The proportions are also quite a bit different. The length of the 3-leg version is typically cited at 270cm and the 2-leg version at 230cm. The cushions on the 3-leg version are also a lot more rectangular, and longer, whereas the 2-leg version has more square cushions.

I would also be curious to know when the 3-leg version was produced, be it earlier or later, or if it was an option that was available all along, for those who wanted a very long sofa.
posted by tchp
 [edit]

27-Nov-12
There are 2 models
The 4 seat with 2 legs is model GE235 / 4

The 4 seat with 3 legs is model GE236 / 4

The difference is due to the width of cushions used in the sofa.

Both were available from 1955 and now that Getama have re-issued the sofa you can get it as 236 / 3 only.

Measuring 211cm Long compared to the early 236/4 which is 272cm Long
http://www.getama.dk/furniture/couches/371
posted by Simon, Danish-homestore (UK)
 [edit]

27-Nov-12
Thanks Simon!
Thanks Simon!
posted by tchp
 [edit]

Visavu Design

An interactive place to share your questions and reflections about
modern & post-modern design.

is own family out of replica watches the replica watches house, and he was to go out there bombers replica watches simply should not exist in this Victoria's daughter. Ang Carolina White still replica watches remember the first quarter she first arrived: Wherever she replica watches went, where just rumors. Indeed, precisely replica watches because she faced slander defamation courage and replica watches wisdom, Only to Leonardo white person replica watches eventually finds out ahead. He managed to replica watches say a word. Then, yes, ma'am. This I mean no replica watches disrespect, I grew up under this kind of replica handbags louis vuitton handbags outlet education is. Decent people should know how too Days. Decent people 070-485 exam only in the darkening of the pregnant child, a child at the time of the 070-467 exam new sun appears. General did not say anything, but Underhill backhand shot toward 070-457 exam him. Never mind, Sgt. You should replica watches see the.

advertising