Jonathan Adler 468x60
10-Dec-12
ID a danish teak table
Hi I have this teak dining table with two central leaves. Underneath there is a mark of circle. Within it there is a capital M and a b above it, then there is made in denmark (although its really hard to read denmark). I did some research but couldn't be sure. It comes with four hans wegner's heart chair by CM Madsens (all branded). So i wonder if the table was by Hans Wegner/Madesns as well. Could anyone help to identify the maker and even better, the designer?
I have images but not on the web, so not sure how to upload it.
Thanks! Tony
posted by Tishu
 [edit]

10-Dec-12
Maybe Brande Mobelindustri? ...
Maybe Brande Mobelindustri? Kurt Ostervig did many designs for them. You should be able to google their logo and compare.
posted by sloanie
 [edit]

10-Dec-12
Is this what
You have.

posted by Simon, Danish-homestore (UK)
 [edit]

11-Dec-12
Simon
Yes Simon! thats what's under the table. Do you know who is the maker? Thanks! Tony
posted by Tishu
 [edit]

11-Dec-12
Simon posted the maker's...
Simon posted the maker's mark for Brande Mobelindustri. As i noted above, Kurt Ostervig did a number of designs for them. Not sure what other designers may have worked with them. You can do a google search for Brande Mobelindustri tables or Kurt Ostervig tables and see if anything matches yours.
posted by sloanie
 [edit]

12-Dec-12
Brande møbelindustri
Has mainly got designs by henry rosengreen-hansen who was also the company owner.

I have the 1963 exhibition catalogue from them and have not seen any other designer assigned to their models.
posted by Simon, Danish-homestore (UK)
 [edit]

Stoelenwinkel

An interactive place to share your questions and reflections about
modern & post-modern design.

advertising