10-Dec-12
LCW Christmas card, 1950
Tucson, Arizona, 1950.
This chair wasn't actually used at the drawing board.
posted by JLL
 [edit]

10-Dec-12
Pretty nice
drawing. Was someone in your family a drafter ?

Any more from the same source -- other years, etc ?
posted by SDR (USA)
 [edit]

11-Dec-12

posted by Mark
edited on 06-Jun-13 09:40 PM  [edit]

11-Dec-12
AIGA
Thanks SDR, on behalf of my father, who was a graphic designer and art director and drew our family Christmas card every year. He was a multiple AIGA award winner, two of which were for type faces (fonts) he designed in the 60s, when they were hand drawn. I have a couple of other cards and some drawings.
posted by JLL
 [edit]

11-Dec-12
Happy Holidays
Thanks very much Mark and Happy Holidays.
posted by JLL
 [edit]

11-Dec-12
Great card. What was you...
Great card. What was you father's name?
posted by jesgord (USA)
 [edit]

11-Dec-12
AO POP
Thank you jesgord.
That's him below (that's his actual legal name).
Signed by Alvin Eisenman and the celebrated and infamous George Lois, the award is for packaging and POP point-of-purchase displays, American Optical sunglasses.
posted by JLL
 [edit]

11-Dec-12
That's so cool !
It would be fun to see more of his work.

We could expand this thread to include other hand-made or home-designed holiday greetings -- considering the time of the year. Both my parents made Christmas cards at various times, as did a younger couple I knew well. I did so too, for some years, on and off. Here's my favorite. You'll have to decide if it's sufficiently Christmassy. It combines xerography of a pencil drawing with stencil-applied spray colors, on light gray letter-sized paper. The tree is cribbed from Eric Sloane -- a pen-and-ink drawing.

posted by SDR (USA)
edited on 11-Dec-12 10:17 PM  [edit]

11-Dec-12

posted by Mark
edited on 06-Jun-13 09:40 PM  [edit]

11-Dec-12
Thank you,
my dear. That's a lovely idea. The furniture could be present in, say, two of the scenes -- in different locations -- and leaning against the cabin and piled with snow in the winter view. Hmm . .

Merry you-know-what !

SDR
posted by SDR (USA)
 [edit]

Heden Verleden

An interactive place to share your questions and reflections about
modern & post-modern design.

is own family out of replica watches the replica watches house, and he was to go out there bombers replica watches simply should not exist in this Victoria's daughter. Ang Carolina White still replica watches remember the first quarter she first arrived: Wherever she replica watches went, where just rumors. Indeed, precisely replica watches because she faced slander defamation courage and replica watches wisdom, Only to Leonardo white person replica watches eventually finds out ahead. He managed to replica watches say a word. Then, yes, ma'am. This I mean no replica watches disrespect, I grew up under this kind of replica handbags louis vuitton handbags outlet education is. Decent people should know how too Days. Decent people 070-485 exam only in the darkening of the pregnant child, a child at the time of the 070-467 exam new sun appears. General did not say anything, but Underhill backhand shot toward 070-457 exam him. Never mind, Sgt. You should replica watches see the.

advertising