Jonathan Adler 468x60
01-Jan-13
Eames Management Chair Label
I am in process of getting a used Eames Management chair , are there any specific areas the label is attached and what should be aware of? Any help is greatly appreciated.
posted by we.r.1
 [edit]

02-Jan-13
The Labels
Is the first attached Label standard on all Eames Aluminum Group? The second attached pic is the one that I have on my Eames management chair which I purchased yesterday. It does not have the the black soft label of the leather nor do I see any other label.

posted by we.r.1
edited on 02-Jan-13 07:35 PM  [edit]

02-Jan-13
The black fabric Eames tag wa...
The black fabric Eames tag was introduced in 2007 for the 50th anniversary of the lounge chair. Yours is legit. It's the white production sticker that matters.
posted by bgillettephoto
 [edit]

02-Jan-13
For more on the white label, ...
For more on the white label, from the product number EA335 VD L L318 I can tell the following about your chair:

EA33 - Aluminum Group Management Chair
5 - Casters with Manual Seat-Height Adjustment
VD - 2" Hard Double Wheel Caster, Carpet, Chrome
L - Polished Aluminum Frame

The remaining L318 references the upholstery, and I don't feel like going through thousands of pages of product codes to tell you what material it is.
posted by bgillettephoto
 [edit]

02-Jan-13
Happy New Year "bgillettephoto"
You just made my 2013 a good year to start. Thank you for your knowledge and very informative reply.
posted by we.r.1
 [edit]

02-Jan-13
No problem. Whenever you go l...
No problem. Whenever you go looking for a used or display-model piece, it's always helpful to read up deciphering the product codes. It can help make sure you're getting it for the right price (or percentage discount), and also help when it comes to care and maintenance. With Herman Miller especially, the various options available result in hundreds of unique combinations - many which to an untrained eye will appear nearly identical but may mean a difference in hundreds or thousands of dollars in list price. To me, almost all of the black leathers look and feel the same - after ten years of use they certainly won't. Woods can especially be tricky. If you look for instructions on how to care for a palisander finish, most instructions online are going to assume it's lacquered and recommend a wax-based polished. If you didn't know any better, you could end up ruining a $2000 option oiled palisander finish.

Googling "herman miller price book" is a great place to start if you want to learn more.
posted by bgillettephoto
 [edit]

02-Jan-13
Thank You Again...!
Nothing matches the rewards of a window to a greater vista of knowledge and information. I will load-up in couple or three days the pics of the two chairs I have acquired.
posted by we.r.1
 [edit]

04-Oct-13
ea335 sticker but no HM tag
what does this sticker mean? real or fake? no other HM insignia on the chair.

EA335 ca L
1628512 10212005
posted by ms_universbold
 [edit]

Déjà Vu

An interactive place to share your questions and reflections about
modern & post-modern design.

is own family out of replica watches the replica watches house, and he was to go out there bombers replica watches simply should not exist in this Victoria's daughter. Ang Carolina White still replica watches remember the first quarter she first arrived: Wherever she replica watches went, where just rumors. Indeed, precisely replica watches because she faced slander defamation courage and replica watches wisdom, Only to Leonardo white person replica watches eventually finds out ahead. He managed to replica watches say a word. Then, yes, ma'am. This I mean no replica watches disrespect, I grew up under this kind of replica handbags louis vuitton handbags outlet education is. Decent people should know how too Days. Decent people 070-485 exam only in the darkening of the pregnant child, a child at the time of the 070-467 exam new sun appears. General did not say anything, but Underhill backhand shot toward 070-457 exam him. Never mind, Sgt. You should replica watches see the.

advertising