Jonathan Adler 468x60
18-Sep-06
What's your Mahogany Association Number?
If you have a piece of mahogany furniture made prior to 1969, it probably has a Mahogany Association sticker on it certifying that it's genuine mahogany and not a lesser wood dyed to resemble mahogany. These stickers also bore a number that was meant to be used exclusively by that manufacturer.

As far as I know, that list of numbers and corresponding manufacturers has been lost. If you have one of these stickers, please post your number and the manufacturer of your piece--or, if you don't know the manufacturer, just post the number on your Mahogany Association sticker and any information (pics would be helpful) you have about the piece.

The goal is to reassemble that list so that anyone with a Mahogany Association sticker will be able to identify its manufacturer.

Sound fun? I'll go first.
posted by Brent
 [edit]

18-Sep-06
422 = Gordon's Fine Furniture
I have a kidney-shaped mahogany coffee table that bears a Mahogany Association, Inc. sticker with the number 422. The manufacturer of my table was Gordon's Fine Furniture, Johnson City, TN.
posted by Brent
 [edit]

05-Oct-06
I have a full size...
I have a full size bed,dresser, mirror,and chest. The number is 332 and the manufacturer, I assume is Hungerford of Memphis, TN. There is also a tag in the dresser with the number SO 78028.
posted by Kenya
 [edit]

06-Mar-07
Mahogany Assoc. #
My husband and I were given a table that belonged to his grandparents. There is the #3806 on the underside. Additionally, the remaining portion of the sticker is "Imperial" Grand Rapids and I believe it is (Mi) The label refers to a penalty law #123 Mahogany Association, Inc. I am looking for any info about this piece of furniture. It is a table that 1/2 folds over onto the other 1/2 creating what i describe as a sofa table. The tabletop portion will also rotate to uncover a hidden compartment. The table part sits on what looks like a harp which is connected to the 4 legs. It has a scrolling design on the harp section.

I am not very knowledgable on the topic of furniture. I do know that is is a very nice table and unique.

Thanks for help...anybody.
D. Googe
posted by d googe
 [edit]

29-Mar-07
Mahogany Association number
I bought a small desk L-44" W-20" H- 30" with a branded logo of an Eagle that has The Company of Permo-weld Mastercraftsmen and a gold sticker that says it Genuine Mahogany and "under penalty of contract number 228" also the numbers S8824 D217628
and under the three drawers has the branded numbers 37 on the two side drawers and 37 A on the middle one.
Can anyone tell me what it all means?
I bought it at a garage sale for $2. but its badly scratched so im sanding it down and painting the top.
posted by Esmeralda
 [edit]

01-Apr-07
228 = Permo-Weld Mastercraftsmen
The Mahogany Association label identifies your piece as being true mahogany, not another wood dyed to resemble mahogany. Each manufacturer in the association had its own unique number. Apparently 228 was the Mahogany Association number of 'Permo-weld Mastercraftsmen.'
posted by Brent
 [edit]

02-Sep-07
I have an oval shaped pink marble top table with this number
posted by ketcham1
 [edit]

02-Jan-08
mahogany association,inc.
I have a kidney shaped coffee table.You are able to release the leaves(one at each end)to have a drop leaf rectangle table.The piece has two labels inside the drawer,one being a red and gold crown with a green (crest?)seal with "Imperial""Grand Rapids Mich".Below that another sticker(Rectangler)stating-"the exposed structural parts and plywood faces guaranteed,GENUINE MAHOGANY(genuine mahogany grows only in West Indies,Tropical America,and West Coast Africa)This label issued under penalty contract.
Number 123
MAHOGANY ASSOCIATION INC
copyright usa
posted by Melody
 [edit]

01-Feb-08
demi-lune table number
I have a small demi-lune table with the number 123. Also, stamped in ink in larger numbers on the table bottom itself is the number 1522. There is no manufacturer information, but I see from other posts that it appears to have been made by Imperial Co. in Grand Rapids.
On closer inspection, I did see a tiny fragment of another sticker that is green with white (?) writing. I could make out the letters "mp" which are probably from "Imperial." I looked up this company and found this info:

Imperial Furniture Co., Grand Rapids (1903-1962)
founded by E.H. Foote
purchased by Bergsma Brothers, 1955

Also: "F. Stuart Foote...started Imperial Furniture Company, one of the largest makers of high-quality tables in the 1920s and '30s."
posted by esmom
edited on 01-Feb-08 07:27 PM  [edit]

02-Feb-08
Mahagony Association
I have a dining set that is labeled with the Mahagony Association, Inc. label with the number 126 and was made by the Rockford National Furniture Co. in Rockford, Ill.
posted by SDA
 [edit]

07-Feb-08
416 Magohany Assoc number
We have 4 dining chairs and one captain's chair. They all have Mahogany printed on the bottom, specifically 1"800 Chair Mahogany" & one with "1800 Arm Chair Mahogany." You can see where all 5 once had the Mahogany Association label, however the label has come off all but one chair. That one says: "All Exposed Parts guaranteed. Solid genuine Mahogany. Genuine Mahogany grows only in West Indies, Tropical America, and West Coast Africa. This Label issued under penalty contract #416. Mahogany Assocation Inc. Copyright USA." Any suggestions on how to determine value or age?
posted by victoria
 [edit]

24-Feb-08
542 = Hekman Furniture of Grand Rapids, MI
My husband just bought two tables with the Mahogany Association sticker on them and the number of the item is 542. The tables also have a sticker that say Hekman Furniture, Grand Rapids MI.
posted by Jan133
 [edit]

20-Apr-08
What's your Mahogany Association Number?
Hi,
My number is 127, I think the dresser is from the Tennessee area. Does anyone know what the metal "George Washington Bi-Centennial 1732-1932" means? This is also on the back of my dresser.
posted by Bobbi
 [edit]

04-May-08
413 By Victorian
I have just acquired two marble top end tables with the Mahogany Association Sticker with the number 413. One of the two has a Woodburned Stamp Mark "By Victorian". Any additional information would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Becky Sweet
posted by Becky Sweet
 [edit]

12-May-08
I have an 1884 mahogany asso. plant stand with a marble top. What is it worth?
posted by marilyn
 [edit]

23-Jun-08
Hungerford of Memphis
I was given a solid mahogany bureau with the

mahogany assoc. inc. #332 on it.

It was made in 1948 by Hungerford of Memphis --- says so in the top drawer.

How can I find out it's worth.

Thank you for any help.
posted by robron
 [edit]

27-Jun-08
night stand #332
I havea night stand #332, is this a set?
posted by 63vette
 [edit]

27-Jun-08
night stand #332
I ahve a night stand #332, is this a set? Whatear was it made?
posted by 63vette
 [edit]

28-Jun-08
#542 cool wavy chair
I am having trouble describing the chair, but here goes. It has a high back (more than the normal desk chair) and it is made from one piece of wood in a wave fashion. I love the chair and we have always used it as a desk chair. Any other info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
sara
posted by Sara C
 [edit]

28-Jun-08
To Quote
To quote the song:

'A picture paints a thousand words'

posted by robert1960
 [edit]

28-Jun-08
And as we learned
on an unrelated post; lack of a picture launches a thousand missives :-)
posted by Big Television Man
 [edit]

10-Jul-08
Mahogany Association
I have two dressers with the Mahogany Association sticker. The # is 204. They have big brass pulls. I had them refinished so they look mahogany, not the light color they were originally. What would they be worth? bkm
posted by bkm
 [edit]

16-Jul-08
Mahogany Association Numbers
I'm trying to price some of my grandmothers furniture and came across the Mahogany Assoication stickers. Does this make the furniture more valuable and where could I find out such information?

Susan
posted by Gertrude
 [edit]

17-Jul-08
#
It doesn't necessarily make it any more valuable. It just indicates that your piece is mahogany, not some other wood dyed to look like mahogany. Hope that helps.
posted by Brent
 [edit]

21-Jul-08
# 123 Rectangle Coffee Table
I have a rectangular coffee table with rounded corners that has the genuine mahogany sticker with number 123 and the number 2126 below it. It also has an Imperial Grand Rapids Michigan sticker.

posted by irakmae
 [edit]

22-Jul-08
List to date
Consolidating the list from above info:

123 Imperial Furniture Co Grand Rapids, MI
126 Rockford National Rockford, IL
228 Permoweld Mastercraft Unknown
332 Hungerford Memphis, TN
413 Victorian Unknown
422 Gordon's Fine Furniture Johnson City, TN
434 Pioneer Furniture Co. Detroit, MI
542 Hekman Grand Rapids, MI

To the posters who keep asking about the Mahogany Association Stickers, this is probably not the right website for your questions. Almost all of the furniture noted above ranges from true Victorian to the mahogany repro stuff of the 20's, 30's and 40's. That furniture, while pretty (in it's own way) and prevalent and ubiquitous, is not very valuable and the experts on this website are not that familiar with that era. What you own is readily available in every antique store from Tallahassee to Timbuktoo.

Here's a general rule of thumb because I have been looking at this stuff for 13 years: Sideboards, 600, (all prices are in US dollars and are the top prices you could expect at retail), china cabinets 700, dining tables 450, dining chairs 45, end tables 50, bow front chests 750, serpentine front chests, 650, fern stands/plant stands 100, nightstands in matching pairs 250 the pair, beds practically nothing except for matching twin posters 750 the pair.

Bottom line, it's not designed well, it's just copies of old, old English and American stuff on its second go-round and it's everywhere. Sorry for the bad news. Take it to your local antique dealer on consignment and be happy if you get enough out of it for a nice meal.

posted by Riki
 [edit]

22-Jul-08
It seemed like a good idea
When I started this thread in '06, it seemed like a fun project to recreate the original list of mahogany association numbers. Instead, it's become intrusive as people register for this forum solely in the hope that they can learn the value of their pieces. I cringe a little every time it gets bumped back up to the top.

Should this thread just be deleted?
posted by Brent
 [edit]

30-Jul-08
S.R Hungerford
My maghogany sticker is number 332 and the manufacturer of the desk is S.R. Hungerford from Memphis TN
posted by Lorie
 [edit]

29-Aug-08
mahogany folding diningroom table
I own a mahogany table built in 1937. The manufacture's name is The Brant Cabinet Works. It can seat approximately 16 people, and it's missing a couple of leafs.

If you could possibly tell me what's the value of this piece and does this company still around?
posted by Alice Kuilan
 [edit]

29-Aug-08
mahogany folding diningroom table No.D 1033-03
I own a mahogany table built in 1937. The manufacture's name is The Brant Cabinet Works. It can seat approximately 16 people, and it's missing a couple of leafs.

If you could possibly tell me what's the value of this piece and does this company still around?
posted by Alice Kuilan
 [edit]

29-Aug-08
Brandt Cabinet Works
Hagerstown, MD
Mahogany Association #155

via google
posted by woodywood
 [edit]

17-Sep-08
mahogany association desk-gov. winthrop sec. & shelf
I just purchased a "Gov. Winthrop Sec. desk and shelf. It is in fair condition with work needed on the doors and possibly revarnished. It has the Mahogany Assoc. sticker, NO.134. Could you give me additional information on the history and refinishing work that must be done to make it a excellent piece of furniture. I paid $275.00.
posted by tweeta
 [edit]

18-Oct-08
Tambour desk M.A. # 134
I have a mahagony tambour desk with the Mahogony Association Inc. number 134. It was purchased at Pray's Furniture Boston Mass probably between 1930 and 1950.

Attempting to discern its value.
posted by Ginny
edited on 18-Oct-08 10:53 PM  [edit]

18-Oct-08
Brent
This thread is like herpes.
posted by Riki
 [edit]

18-Oct-08
Kill me
I know. I hate this thread. I hate it! And I'm to blame. Ugh. If Patrick and Alix don't remove this thread, I'm banishing myself from the DA message board in penance. I'm a leper. No, I'm Cain. I must wander among the foreigners. I'll take up with the I-Love-Wal-Mart message board. I know it won't compensate for the horror of this goddamned thread, but it's where I belong. Where I can do no more damage. Please, Patrick and Alix, please delete this thread. Don't let it return ever again!!
posted by Brent
 [edit]

18-Oct-08
Brent--
You're already on probation for the Sarah Palin Crab thread. This means you'll be on double-secret probation, I'm afraid.
posted by william-holden-caulfield
 [edit]

19-Oct-08
is this just because of a google search?
delete!
I am surprised that someone, anyone would add to this without
reading the thread! weird...

(funny and oddly entertaining. :)
posted by rockland
 [edit]

19-Oct-08
Attention to all those checking in on the value of
Mahogany Association Number branded pieces.

Please read the thread in its entirety and then you will understand the next sentence quite well.

All M.A. pieces are worth between one dollar, whatever you paid for it, if you love it, and one million dollars!! There might be other sites that can render a more accurate assessment of its value.

Paging Brent: Clean-up on aisle five! Price check in aisle three! Customer needs assistance in the pick-up area! It has turned into a bit of an amusement, hasn't it?
 [edit]

19-Oct-08
BTM
I'm trying!
posted by Brent
 [edit]

22-Oct-08
Hello!
How do I join the Mahogany assocation?
posted by Gustaf
 [edit]

22-Oct-08
OOOO OOOOO me too!!! Me Too!!
Where do we sign up?

Brent, you are a good egg, and you know this is all gentle ribbing. It's like sitting out on the front porch and shooting the breeze.
 [edit]

22-Oct-08
So glad to find this!
Hello, experts. I have recently acquired some things from my Great Aunt Edna's estate. I'm curious about this couch. The only label says "Gianni Saccheto di Frutta, Mahogany Association #666". How much is this couch worth and do any of you want to buy it? Thanks you so much!

posted by Riki
 [edit]

22-Oct-08
The Association
My 2009 Mahogany Association value guide lists the di Frutta at $19,00-$24,000. That's if the original, rare MHA label is still attached, which you say it is. How lucky you are, Riki, to have found such a gorgeous piece.
posted by Brent
 [edit]

22-Oct-08
Hi Riki
This is a meeting place for Mahogany Association enthusiasts. You indicate an association number of 666, but I see little evidence of actual Mahogany.
edited on 22-Oct-08 03:46 AM  [edit]

14-Feb-09
Mahogany Association Chest-on-Chest #204
My Mahogany Association Chest-on-Chest #204 has the carved "curtains" on the columnar sides. I am going to refinish this outfit as I especially love the "curtains" which remind me of the Hollywood style furniture. I look forward to any comments or suggestions you all may have! maria

posted by Infoknit
 [edit]

18-Feb-09
@332 dresser and mirror Hungerford, Memphis
can you tell me anything about this piece. thanks. jo ann
posted by Jo Ann
 [edit]

28-Feb-09
this tread-mahogany association
Rare STicker. The number of Mahogany association stickers is equal to the number of furniture/antique dealers who are rude and have no ethics. That would be over 1,000,000 dealers/collectors or 99%.

No one ever wants to help anyone out in the antique world. Why? They are money grubbers. They would steal a piece right under a dead body if they thought they could make $500. Unless you are willing to pay these so called experts, and I use this term lightly, stop asking for prices. Just go down to your local antique store bend over and hope for vaseline.
posted by floridahcb
 [edit]

28-Feb-09
Photobucket">
posted by william-holden-caulfield (FREEDONIA)
edited on 28-Feb-09 06:38 AM  [edit]

28-Feb-09
posted by robert1960 (UK)
 [edit]

28-Feb-09
!
!
posted by rockland
 [edit]

01-Mar-09
-
-
posted by Gustaf (SE)
 [edit]

01-Mar-09
=O
=O
posted by WoofWoof (USA)
 [edit]

01-Mar-09
>:(
>:(
posted by Brent (USA)
 [edit]

01-Mar-09
posted by Olive (USA)
edited on 01-Mar-09 08:35 PM  [edit]

01-Mar-09
posted by paulanna (UK)
 [edit]

01-Mar-09
posted by spanky* (USA)
 [edit]

01-Mar-09
posted by claus (DE)
 [edit]

12-Mar-09
ass#346 stackable/movable dresser set "help"
hello I have inherited this set with the same # of 346 on both dressers oe is a regular size one and the othe one is like a tall side dresser. they come apart and stack and move. very unsual, im interested in finding a price and some info on these dressers . the name on the dressers is mengel module, but i found out it was bought out by kroehler co in the 1940. these dressers were made in 1946 "im not understand it all"! so can you please help me? thank you.
posted by star75
 [edit]

12-Mar-09
posted by the_beloved (US/CAN)
 [edit]

12-Mar-09
I propose P & A make this a...
I propose P & A make this a sticky thread and have it permanently at the top of the main forum page? I'm absoloutely positive Brent would be keen on this idea too.
posted by paulanna (UK)
 [edit]

12-Mar-09
Brings a big smile to my face...
Brings a big smile to my face every time this thread re-appears.
posted by jesgord
 [edit]

12-Mar-09
A big smile, or something...
A big smile, or something like that. Me too. Mahogany Association Number: 61.
posted by hudsonhonu (USA)
edited on 12-Mar-09 05:13 PM  [edit]

12-Mar-09
I do not understand
why people still continue to post serious inquiries on this thread. Do they not read the durned thing and see that they are being ridiculed?

Sincerely,
Riki
MA#43
posted by Riki (USA)
 [edit]

12-Mar-09
P.S.
Do you not love, love, love that Infoknit posted the actual picture of his/her MA sticker! You can't buy this kind of entertainment.
posted by Riki (USA)
 [edit]

14-Mar-09
lets keep it going!!! ma # 332
just located the thread last night
Im MA # 332..beautiful dreser- Hungerford of Memphis..
very interesting site-
Is there really a 2009 Mahogany value guide? where can I get one?
posted by nancyb
edited on 14-Mar-09 05:33 PM  [edit]

17-May-09
Mahogany Assoc #
I have a 5 drawer chest from Hungerford, Memphis. It has a perfect Assoc sticker with number 332.
Do you have any info on such?
Ltr
posted by ltr
 [edit]

17-May-09
What do you know of your piece?
Ltr
posted by ltr
 [edit]

17-May-09
What do you know of your piece? I have a 5 drawer chest of Hungerford, Memphis also #332.
Ltr
posted by ltr
 [edit]

20-Jul-09
i have the same table !
i have the same type of table as d.googe has listed! the ma # is 213. i would really like to find out anything you may have found out about this table! it has secret compartment and swivels and top folds over to make the table top the size of a cardtable.the legs form a heart then branch out to the 4 feet. i always called it the sweethearts table. when i was a teen i told my mom that when she died i wanted this table and i would just like to know more on its history. when and where it was made.
thanks peoples426
posted by peoples426
edited on 20-Jul-09 11:29 PM  [edit]

23-Jul-09
Number = 376
5 pc bedroom ensemble. 4 poster bed, acorn motif at top, fluted columns on posts of varying dia. Chest on chest, 7 drawers (2 small on top) bearing numbers 422(sm) and 482(lg), fluted colums on vertical front edges, bracket feet, brass pulls look like Drexel of this vintage, only more brass cutout these pcs... 18.5d x 36w x 53.5h... with "B881/2" handscribed on back, and also "3/17/48", so dating is sure. The B881/2 slash sign is horizontal, not oblique as I've had to type in here. The dresser is same design and fluted columns and bracket feet... 20.5d x 44w x 36.25h... drawers labeled 622. Nightstand, same design, 13.375d x 18.125w x 27.25h, with drawer numbered 57. Mirror had Mahogany Associatioh number 376 as well as Model No. H.500. Thought mfr was Kling, but they are not optimistic, given there are no mfr id labels... metal or otherwise... anywhere on the pcs. This forum was a good idea. I'm not selling... just want to know the mfr. I suspect a NE mfr, since my in-law's bought this suite when my father-in-law returned from WWII ca 1948 to NY, NJ, or MA.
posted by K8RWH
 [edit]

23-Jul-09
posted by Olive (USA)
 [edit]

23-Jul-09

Well, now i finally know what i'm going to do for my next tattoo.
posted by crankyd
 [edit]

28-Jul-09
Just bought from private...
Just bought from private party who stated that the furniture belonged to her Great Grandmother. Number in the drawer of the night stand is 332 Hungerford Memphis

Anybody know how old this furniture is or other info. about it would be appreciated....

posted by fnf
 [edit]

28-Jul-09

edited on 29-Jul-09 02:01 PM  [edit]

28-Jul-09
fnf, I'm sorry, the Mahogany ...
fnf, I'm sorry, the Mahogany Association number thread(s) has/have become kind of, at least in my limited estimation, a litmus test for Design Addict old-timers, but maybe you will receive the information you are looking for here, regardless.
edited on 28-Jul-09 08:07 PM  [edit]

08-Sep-09
mahogany association sticker no 534
I have 3 Peices of furniture night stand tall dresser and a long dresser of my grandmothers with sticker no. 534
posted by Michelle
 [edit]

10-Sep-09
332 # hungerford memphis
dresser two pieces top sits on bottom and 2 night stand
any info anybody?
posted by Ce Ce
 [edit]

10-Sep-09
I have a large armoire, the depth of which is quite astounding. I walked into it, between the coats and dresses and such, and may have stepped into another dimension.
posted by Lunchbox (USA)
 [edit]

14-Sep-09
332 - Hungerford, Memphis
Pineapple Low Poster full size bed. What is it worth?
posted by Don54
 [edit]

14-Sep-09
Lunchbox has been watching...
Lunchbox has been watching Narnia...
posted by whitespike (USA)
 [edit]

15-Sep-09
mahogany assoc.
my oval coffee table has a marble top. the number on the mahogany assoc. label is #413. the word "Victorian" is also engraved into the wood. how do I find out who made it, the year it was made and the value?
thanks, Bunny
posted by Bunny
 [edit]

15-Sep-09
Seventeen, that's going to...
Seventeen, that's going to be my number, or maybe forty-three. And I'm sticking to that, although I have a bland fondness for 7, and for 13 when I'm feeling really lucky. Any of the Mahogany Association numbers, for what it's worth, are probably good numbers.

My pick is 43. Or 17.

edited on 19-Nov-09 05:33 PM  [edit]

21-Sep-09
I have a dresser and chest of drawers, #476, that are a set. I bought them at a small antique mart in Jenks, Oklahoma for my daughter's room. They had been painted a few times, and when I bought them, they were ivory. I didn't notice the sticker until I started stripping the paint in order to refinish both pieces, and I found this site when I started searching for information on mahogany furniture. They are simple pieces and have an art deco look to them.
posted by morgan
 [edit]

21-Sep-09
"art deco" begone! the very...
"art deco" begone! the very phrase conjures up my Craigslist nightmares....
posted by VinnyV
 [edit]

21-Sep-09
posted by Brent (USA)
 [edit]

21-Sep-09
LOL
!
 [edit]

22-Sep-09
 [edit]

22-Sep-09
Then I'll keep reposting it.....
Then I'll keep reposting it... I'm determined to kill my monster.
posted by Brent (USA)
 [edit]

22-Sep-09
we should have a candlelight...
we should have a candlelight vigil...
posted by WoofWoof (USA)
 [edit]

26-Sep-09
i got a 422 for sale in good ...
i got a 422 for sale in good condition.
posted by mookey
 [edit]

27-Sep-09
This is not an MHA forum
Mookey, read the rest of this thread. We have no answers for you.
posted by Brent (USA)
 [edit]

27-Sep-09
Brent-- why fight it?
I see it as an opportunity.
 [edit]

27-Sep-09
I'll take 2
I'll take 2
posted by jesgord (USA)
 [edit]

29-Sep-09
I love this thread
hey, I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but even I am not as stupid as some of your posters...but they do have entertainment value.
posted by pinky
 [edit]

11-Oct-09
#238 Desk
Sticker inside center drawer has partially rubbed off on the top so I cannot see the manufacturer's name. It does say that the mahogany was grown only in the West Indies, the Tropics (can't really read it well), and West Coast Africa. This was part of my parent's bedroom suit that they had when they got married in 1946. The sticker is a gold color and has a red and black trim on the outer edge. Actually, I'm not sure it's even a "sticker." It looks like a painted stamp or something.
posted by Marylee
 [edit]

11-Oct-09
Wow! I wish I had read further down!
This is so funny! I wanted to say that my desk was really not very attractive, but I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings out there. My mother actually "anitqued" it back in 1970, and it's horrible looking! I just wanted to see if it was worth refinishing! After I got to the bottom of all the comments, I was pretty much enlightened! (and entertained! :)
posted by Marylee
 [edit]

11-Oct-09
Marylee
Bless you for reading through and realizing what so many others didn't. I'm the originator of this evil thread, and I've taken a holy vow to destroy it. So please excuse the following...
posted by Brent (USA)
 [edit]

28-Oct-09
thanks so much
thanks so much for the information and a really good laugh. thought I'd post mine to keep it going. My number is 123
posted by flybynet
 [edit]

11-Nov-09
Yoiks.

I paid no attention to this thread until now. " Just go down to your local antique store bend over and hope for vaseline." The row of agonized/tortured/outraged faces is worth three of anything else.

Will anyone know if I make up a number and pretend to have a piece of mahogany furniture ? I hate to be left out. . .!
posted by SDR (USA)
 [edit]

11-Nov-09
SDR--
You've exercised admirable restraint in not opening this thread until today.

You're sort of like that WW2 Japanese soldier, who didn't surrender until 1974.

[edit]

11-Nov-09
Yup --
that's me.

Next year I might break down and get my first swell phone. . .!
posted by SDR (USA)
 [edit]

11-Nov-09
Swell phones are handy things--
they eliminate the need for wrist watches and camera bags. Of course, I seldom use the phone feature.
edited on 11-Nov-09 06:21 AM  [edit]

18-Nov-09
I have a bureau with mirror and dresser with the above number in top drawer. Has label from Mahogany Assoc. as shown in other postings. Bought in the Chicago area in 30's. This forum is a hoot!
posted by Deft
 [edit]

18-Nov-09
What has..
Bob Gibson "the hoot" to do with your Mahogany Association number. This is a forum on design issues, serious ones, that is, and not on baseball...by the way I have a number 124, so if you find a 126 we have a series of three...or should we call that a strike?
posted by koen (CA)
 [edit]

19-Nov-09
i do hate to suggest this Brent...
It is a strange thread.
But it does come up in a Google search. (Mahogany A #)
Top of the page.
You could go back and edit that first post?
With something silly?

Only you can edit me thinks?
posted by rockland
 [edit]

19-Nov-09
I don't mind this thread any more, personally
It was only truly painful during the first six months, when we were expected to politely listen while people droned on about their 1940's mahogany sideboards.

But now? A portal into another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination.

[edit]

19-Nov-09
Rockland
I've thought of editing the title and/or first post, but I thought it would be unfair to Patrick and Alix who seem to want this thread to remain. I've pleaded with them to delete the thread entirely. Maybe they're sadists. Or, as has been suggested, maybe they actually like it *because* it draws so many visitors and potential ad revenue.

As I've said elsewhere, my cross bears a M@hogany Association number. I'll plead once more with Patrick and Alix to delete this thread. Why has thou forsaken us? I will not deny you.

posted by Brent (USA)
edited on 19-Nov-09 12:16 PM  [edit]

19-Nov-09
No Brent, we are not sadists...
No Brent, we are not sadists nor masochists. Like many of you, we found this thread annoying at the beginning but we must admit that, thanks to the sense of humour of some of you, it became gradually entertaining. As for the important number of visitors that come on DA through this thread, we are not indifferent. Not for the possible income that they could generate but because it could be the opportunity for some of these visitors to discover on Design Addict a type of furniture that, in principle, they don't know about.
If there is a demand from the great majority to delete this thread, no problem, we will do it.
posted by Patrick and Alix (DesignAddict)
 [edit]

19-Nov-09
Don't delete!
This thread is hilarious.
posted by Riki (USA/CH)
 [edit]

19-Nov-09
I check this thread daily
Just to see if any of the numbers have changed.
posted by woodywood (USA)
 [edit]

20-Nov-09
posted by Gustaf (SE)
 [edit]

21-Nov-09
15,782 readings!?
Perhaps a few folk are learning something.

Let it live!

I bet a hundred of those readings are mine.

I wish it was my post Brent.
I deal quite well with humiliation and embarrassment
on a daily basis.

Just be proud for the humor alone!

posted by rockland
 [edit]

21-Nov-09
Dear Gustav...
There have been some other wood associations in the past. The cannarywood association comes to mind (1928-1936). After a modest start in the Dutch tulip fields it became a respectable wood association. At some point it was so powerful it considered to change it's name in World Wide Liriodendron Tulipifera Association (WWLTA) which indirectly caused a split in the wood so to speak and a separate American section incorporated under the Tulipwood Association of America (TAA) Unfortunately the labels were widely knocked of by mostly religious sects, Tibetan monks and others. Finally the recession and the lack of visibility on the net (too early) drove the last nails in the coffin of an otherwise prosperous association. The coffin by the way was made of a tulip tree grown not far from Thomas Jefferson's grave in Monticello and has the symbolic number 001. You might want to see a picture, but I still do not know how to post pictures ?kanske ved du det ?
posted by koen (CA)
 [edit]

21-Nov-09
 [edit]

21-Nov-09
What a fascinating story!

I guess you couldn't make that up even if you tried :)

Canary wood is beautiful. Must be rare?

I have to see the picture. I'd be happy to upload it to the web if you send it to me at [email protected]
posted by Gustaf (SE)
 [edit]

22-Nov-09
Weathering the search
I have a rather large Barometer made by P. F. Bollenbach of Chicago IL. with the Mahobany Association Number 411 on the back. I have been trying to find some info as to when it wa made, who was it first sold to and the like. have had very little luck in my search so far. if anyone knows something about it please let me know.

Thank you
posted by j
 [edit]

24-Nov-09
Keep this forum
There is both historic and business value to your effort.
posted by Trout
 [edit]

24-Nov-09
Hi Gustav...
Jag letar fortfarande efter min kamera, men....
You can write it "cannary" or "canary". In both cases it has no common origins with the name of or the looks of the bird.
Sorry for thoise who suspect that I am trying to distract from the real purpose of this thread: Mahogany. To prove my point I will start compiling all the numbers we have...as long as they come with a specific manufacturer. Just give me a second
http://www.exotic-wood-online.com/cannarywood.htm
posted by koen (CA)
 [edit]

04-Jan-10
table
Small table 25x14 top with same size shelf underneath. Made by Brandt of Maryland. Mohogany ass. inc. sticker #155
posted by steve63
 [edit]

04-Jan-10
Brilliant!
Brilliant!
posted by Lunchbox (USA)
 [edit]

04-Jan-10
Great to see this thread...
Great to see this thread spanning the decades

posted by jesgord (USA)
edited on 04-Jan-10 05:57 PM  [edit]

10-Jan-10
and

all on one page ? is that possible ?
posted by SDR (USA)
 [edit]

10-Jan-10
Happy birthday Elvis.
posted by rockland
 [edit]

05-Feb-10
I don't know who manufactured this bureau with mirror...but I would like to find out. All I can see so far is the #312 on the Mahogany Association sticker. If anyone knows, please feel free to tell me!

posted by ivegotneatstuff
edited on 05-Feb-10 05:34 PM  [edit]

05-Feb-10
Woo hoo! Nothing but net....
Woo hoo! Nothing but net. You go, What's Your Mahogany Association Number thread!

By the way, the University of Nebraska women's basketball team is currently 20-0 and ranked #4 in the nation. USA, that is. #4, on the hardwood.

They're very good.

edited on 05-Feb-10 06:45 PM  [edit]

06-Feb-10
and do they play on a...
and do they play on a mahogany floor, hh?

if not, kindly confine yr postings to the appropriate forum
;-)
posted by VinnyV
 [edit]

06-Feb-10
 [edit]

06-Feb-10
HA! Could branch out into...
HA! Could branch out into mens undergarments.
posted by WoofWoof (USA)
 [edit]

27-Feb-10
I have that set too from hungerford
I just today bought a number 332 bedroom set. It has a full size headboard/footer and rails. The long low dresser has a large mirror and there is a highboy also. In wonderful shape. Was made in 1949 and I wonder what it originally sold for and what it is worth now?
posted by Nabila
 [edit]

28-Feb-10
think it was made in 1949. That's what mine says. don't have the nightstands, wish I did. double bed, low dresser with mirror and highboy. What does your's have?
posted by Nabila
 [edit]

28-Feb-10
Y'all,
the resilience of this thread is unprecedented in internet history. Seriously. It's like cockroaches.
posted by Riki (USA/CH)
 [edit]

28-Feb-10
Worse....
lawyers
posted by Olive (USA)
 [edit]

04-Mar-10
mahogany chest of drawers
I do have such a piece of furniture--it has a siver sticker inside one of the drawers that bears the name Mahogany Assoc. with a #1200--do you know what this is worth? If not, how do I find out. Thank you.

F. Gilland
posted by francine
 [edit]

04-Mar-10
 [edit]

04-Mar-10
posted by Brent (USA)
 [edit]

04-Mar-10
I just reread the whole damn...
I just reread the whole damn thread for the heck of it. Just lovely!
 [edit]

05-Mar-10
413 Table
My friend has a marble top end table with a harp shape underneath. This table is also #413, however we don't know the mfg. This is one of three tables that belonged to his mother. We are trying to find out how old it is, because it is mixed up with a house full of furniture that dates back to the late 1880's Victorian style.
posted by In love with antiques
 [edit]

05-Mar-10
My number remains 17. Or 43....
My number remains 17. Or 43. Shouldn't a prize be awarded at some point here, say, to the person who posts at the point of 25,000 hits or something: a nice trophy with their very own number, atop a mahogony base. Brent could hand it to them in a Super Bowl type ceremony, with confetti and a parade and ...

:)

edited on 05-Mar-10 04:37 PM  [edit]

05-Mar-10
Now 28 - 0, Nebraska...
Now 28 - 0, Nebraska Cornhuskers. Big 12 women's basketball 2009/10 season champs, ranked # 3 in the nation, NCAAWB. Mahogony Association number = 1.
 [edit]

05-Mar-10
 [edit]

05-Mar-10
LOOKING FOR CURVED GLASS PANELS
DEAR SIR OR MADAM;

I HAVE A COFFEE TABLE JUST LIKE YOURS. DOES YOUR PIECE HAVE FOUR DOORS WITH A SINGLE CURVED GLASS PANEL IN EACH DOOR? IS YOUR TOP BURL MAHOGANY?

TWO OF MINE ARE GONE SO I AM LOOKING FOR CURVED GLASS PANELS.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

TERRY
posted by terrychilcoat
 [edit]

05-Mar-10
It's "madam"...
and my only suggestion is that you google "curved glass replacement" and stop desecrating the Mahogany Association Number thread with these silly, unrelated topics.

Good day.

[edit]

06-Mar-10
posted by metking
edited on 06-Mar-10 01:37 AM  [edit]

08-Mar-10
Corner Cabinet #155
I have a cabinet which has the label of Mahogany Associates,Inc.# 155 and I which to find the shelf pin's/supporter which this cabinet
has, would you know where I could find them? About what year was this made?
Thanks in Columbus, Ohio
posted by KJK
 [edit]

08-Mar-10
Nebraska, 29 - 0, undefeated...
Nebraska, 29 - 0, undefeated in the regular Mahogonay Association # season.
 [edit]

10-Mar-10
I have a block of wood with...
I have a block of wood with the "Mahagony Association Inc" sticker with the number "ID 10 T" on it. It has been passed down for generations to the stupidest male child. Now it's mine and I will cherish it forever. How much is it worth?
posted by inkedsarge
 [edit]

10-Mar-10
It's invaluable. But for...
It's invaluable. But for insurance purposes you should probably look at coverage in the 500,000 dollar range.

Yours truly,

hudsonsonu (www.MetLife)

[edit]

10-Mar-10
heheheheheheheheh
too funny!
posted by Olive (USA)
 [edit]

10-Mar-10
posted by jesgord (USA)
 [edit]

11-Mar-10
Guess What??
FANTASTIC...Most laughs I have had for ages...thanks Brent, your love child is doing well and growing!! I lived in the West Indies for 26 years (no joke) among the Mahogany trees....I took a seed from one of the lovely Mahogs and grew the sweet thing to a 60 foot wonder!! And not to let you down...I have my own pieces #434 to love and tell bedtime stories to about their ancesters on this lovely site...My love and "All the Best" as they say in the West Indies............I sign Dandylion...
posted by Dandylion
 [edit]

11-Mar-10
Dandylion
You're all right.
 [edit]

12-Mar-10
posted by Bario Mellini
 [edit]

19-Mar-10
Corner Cabinet #155
We have the same cabinet and people have called it a whatnot shelf. it is from Hagerstown MA and the Brandt company made it. I am working on finding out the year. Hope that helps.

GiGi
posted by GiGiB
 [edit]

19-Mar-10
Mahogany Assoc. No 134
I recently acquired a tambour desk with a piece of the sticker still on it. The assoc. no. of 134 is there. I see several others have reported pieces with that number. Was this number specific for an area or a type of piece?
Any help to offer?
Thanks
Sunnycrrek
posted by Sunnycreek
 [edit]

19-Mar-10
FUCK
SAKE
posted by Lunchbox (USA)
 [edit]

19-Mar-10
My first Mahogany Association sticker sighting!
A harbinger of Spring?

While in a thrift shop this week, I happened upon an upside-down end table that bore the mythical Mahogany Association sticker! Seriously, I almost couldn't contain my excitement, and had to stop myself from pointing it out to passing strangers ("LOOK-- A Mahogany Association number!!!").

Alas, I was too giddy to make note of the actual number, meaning my find is lost to history until the table's subsequent buyer happens upon this thread... as they inevitably will.
 [edit]

23-Mar-10
game table
I also have this table, mine does'nt have the harp but the rest sounds very uch like mine. I am looking for info also. My number is 3801 and there is the number 509 stamped on the edges by the hinges that fold the table.
I would appreciate any info you can share with me.
Theres part of another sticker but I can only read "mper"
I'm wondering if its not from the Imperial Furniture Co. in Grand Rapids, Michigan because it does say Grand Rapids on the bottom!
Please let me know if you find anything else on it and I will do the same.

Thank You
Jeani
posted by Jeani
 [edit]

08-Apr-10
MAHOGANY ASSOCIATION #155
I have a leather top Chippendale coffee table but I don't know who the maufacturer is!! It was a gift from a friend in Connecticut!!
posted by Jetta
 [edit]

08-Apr-10
the thread
is immortal
 [edit]

09-Apr-10
What amazes me...
is that these nobs just post their drivel about Grandma's table and never look at the the entirely of the thread. If they did they would certainly realize that they aren't getting any new info from us.
posted by Olive (USA)
 [edit]

09-Apr-10
Can't blame them
For trying!!

n00bs got spunk!
 [edit]

17-Apr-10
#607 Mahogany Chest on Chest made by The Kling Factories Plant No. 3 in Frewsburg NY
I need to know the value of my Solid Mahagony Association #239 piece. On the back of the chest on chest is the following info from it's tag:

Shipped to J. B. Ivey & Co. Cust #2575 Charlotte NC Dept. 51

#607 Mahogany Chest on Chest Cutt 55
607 Lacquer and wax

There is a small emblem inside the top drawer and there is a paper tag with the No. 239 issued by the Mahagony Association Inc. Chicago, Ill. c- 1938

posted by Susie
 [edit]

17-Apr-10
Susie
I was about to make a joke at your expense, but then I felt bad... So here, I'll help you out:

http://klinginfo.com/index.html

http://klinginfo.com/index.html
posted by fastfwd
 [edit]

18-Apr-10
Those bastards at Kling Furniture
have totally ripped-off Caulfield's Mahogany Association Price Guide:

"Many existing Kling suites will be official 100-year old antiques in just thirty or forty more years. Imagine how the emotional and financial value of this furniture can be enhanced with proper identification and documents."

They certainly understand their audience. It's genius, really.
edited on 18-Apr-10 04:02 PM  [edit]

27-Apr-10
coffee table and two side tables
The number is 413

The pieces are genuine solid mahogany

Musical lyres holding up the tables

All the pieces have carved roses

All have marble tops
posted by JoNoles
 [edit]

27-Apr-10
`
`
posted by WoofWoof (USA)
 [edit]

27-Apr-10
Yummy!
I LOVE furniture pieces with musical lyre motifs!!!
 [edit]

27-Apr-10
posted by fastfwd
 [edit]

17-May-10
5 1/2' mohag. buffet table by Imperial Furniture Co., Grand Rapids, MI
Trying to determine the worth of this near perfect condition table. It is numbered 1420 under the drawer. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
posted by marla
 [edit]

17-May-10
We managed
to go 20 days without a resurrection. But now, thanks to Marla, it's back at the top of forum. Marla, Marla, Marla.
posted by Riki (USA/CH)
 [edit]

17-May-10
posted by WoofWoof (USA)
 [edit]

29-May-10
Mahogany association #139
I have a 9 piece dinning set purchased from a estate in upstate NY.
posted by wcw
 [edit]

08-Jun-10
mahogany # 123
i have a rectangular table with legs slightly flared at the bottom. It has a sticker from Imperial located in grand rapids mich. there is another # stamped or painted on the bottom below the Mahogany Assoc. sticker the stamped # is 3437 any idea what this # is possibly a model #?
kim
posted by KIMDABCH
 [edit]

24-Jun-10
genuine mohogany inc
i have two table with the same sticker. do u know what value they might have i have pics.
posted by tavo
 [edit]

24-Jun-10
edited on 24-Jun-10 03:48 AM  [edit]

26-Jun-10
Chest and Dresser
We have a Chest and Dresser with the same label from Genuine Mahogany Inc., with the # 293. How can we find out the year and value?
posted by Waterville
 [edit]

26-Jun-10
The sticker is meaningless. W...
The sticker is meaningless. When you sell it, you'll know the value.

And, please, read the rest of a thread before posting.
posted by Brent (USA)
edited on 26-Jun-10 10:47 PM  [edit]

08-Jul-10
Too damn funny!
Your illiterate noobs may benefit from following the following: http://www.springerlink.com/content/445w77486m0n736h/
BTW, I have a bed that I have no freakin' idea who made it, but, it does have a mahogany association number on it. Because I have no freakin' idea whose number it is, I shall politely refrain from posting it.
http://www.springerlink.com/content/445w77486m0n736h/
posted by Jerem"y"
edited on 08-Jul-10 04:27 AM  [edit]

08-Aug-10
1/2 Fold Table w/compartment underneath
I to have a 1/2 folding table that opens up to be a larger table. This table belonged to my great-grandmother who was around 90 years old when she passed in 1986. The sticker on the table says Mahogany Association, Inc. & has the Penalty Contract Number 123 on it. Looks as if it was made or sold from Imperial in Grand Rapids Michigan. It also has a number stamped on it, number 3810. The table has 4 metal claw feet & the design on the pedestal has a lamp like shape with carvings that somewhat resemble large leafy like leaves. I love this table & believe that it is more than 60 years old if not older. This table is located in Arkansas. My great-grandmother said that this table was originally used as a card playing table. L. Freeman
posted by LynnF.
 [edit]

09-Aug-10
Hello again, MAN thread...
Nice to see you.
posted by Lunchbox (USA)
 [edit]

09-Aug-10
OK, I wasn't going
to be the one to bring this thread back to the forefront, but now that it's here, let me tell you this story.

So, my son is getting married in two weeks. The rehearsal dinner is in my house in South Carolina. In order to make room for all of the people inside for the party, I have been clearing out four rooms of furniture.

Last week, I was clearing out the living room and I picked up a leather-topped drum table and the drawer slid out. Lo and behold, there was a MA # inside. I DROPPED the table like it was possessed with any number of demons and screamed like a girl. Then I had a good laugh at myself.

Seriously, I haven't even really noticed that pair of tables for about 15 years. All of these years that I have been giving Brent sh*t about this thread and here I was harboring two of the culprits in my own house!
posted by Riki (USA/CH)
 [edit]

09-Aug-10
LOL
too funny
 [edit]

09-Aug-10
So, Riki...
Your numbers are?

posted by Lunchbox (USA)
 [edit]

09-Aug-10
MA#623
Grand Rapids, Michigan, Imperial Furniture Company. I have a pair. How much are they worth? Lol.
posted by Riki (USA/CH)
 [edit]

21-Aug-10
#3877 scratched above the label
I have a chippendale table that belonged to my parents. It has a sticker and says Genuine Mahogany. It's a chippendale dining table that opens to seat about 10 people by adding insertable boards or folds to seat 4 by taking out the boards. My best guess is that it was made in the 1930's as I'm 63 and my brother & sister (twins) are 70. They remember the table from their childhood. There is a number above the sticker #3877. I crawled under the table but the sticker is so old, I can't make out the number. I see where it says "number" but I don't know what it is. Possibly a magnifying glass will help me but I don't think it says 3877.

I've been trying to find the value of the table. My Mother ruined it in the 60's when her Garden Club got on a kick of painting all their furniture white. I have a feeling that if it were stripped to it's natural dark mahongany color that I remember, it would be quite valuable.

Can anyone help me find out more about the table?

Thank you.
Carol
posted by Carol22347
edited on 21-Aug-10 03:25 PM  [edit]

21-Aug-10
No.

Please read the previous postings in this thread.
 [edit]

18-Sep-10
Mahogany Chest #239
Can any one tell me about this chest? Two drews have locks and we have the keys
posted by Bettle
 [edit]

18-Sep-10
 [edit]

18-Sep-10
I wonder if Brent still has his kidney-shaped mahogany coffee table.
Or has it suffered from a few kickings? I'd like to see a pic of it Brent.
...in a cerimonial burning. ; )

With the 'inter-google', (my dad's term), so large, so much information
(that is often wrong), impatience sets in. Clearly only the first few posts are
read and the reply button is right there. Not many are interested in further
research.

Goggle 'Mahogany Association'. This thread is the first hit.
posted by rockland
 [edit]

19-Sep-10
It's like Freddy Kruger...
you just can't kill this thread!
posted by Olive (USA)
 [edit]

19-Sep-10
At the risk of being the Mahogany Association thread killer--
I've often wondered why Brent hasn't simply edited his initial post-- or maybe insert his red sign. Seems the obvious solution, if one really wants it to go away.

But, maybe we'd actually miss it. It serves as a certain comic relief.
 [edit]

27-Sep-10
Pricing
Any clue what we could sell the same dresser/chest of drawers (56"x20") for?
posted by vlankford
 [edit]

27-Sep-10
Pricing
Any clue what we could sell the same dresser/chest of drawers (56"x20") for?
posted by vlankford
 [edit]

27-Sep-10
Pricing
Ask one more time.
posted by fastfwd (USA)
 [edit]

27-Sep-10
1 million dollars
1 million dollars
posted by Killian (IRL)
 [edit]

08-Oct-10
mahogony box 650
Hello out there

I found this flatware box for towle silver and would like some information. Mahogony box 650. Anyone know how old it could be? I want to sell it.

Nene
posted by nene
 [edit]

08-Oct-10
my number is 650
towle silversmith flatware drawer
posted by nene
 [edit]

12-Oct-10
I must admit that it amazes me
how people can continue to be SO clueless! It is beyond blatantly obvious that Nene's posts are not only against the stated rules but are the butt of extensive jokes. And yet....
posted by Olive (USA)
 [edit]

21-Oct-10
225 - The Georgetown Galleries
drop leaf dinning table -> 225 - The Georgetown Galleries

posted by open_market
 [edit]

21-Oct-10
Do I hear two-hundred?
Do I hear two-hundred?
 [edit]

21-Oct-10
I'm #200!
What do I win? A mahogany trophy?
 [edit]

21-Oct-10
Yes, a lovely mahogany...
Yes, a lovely mahogany trophy!

Obviously, it will be stamped with 'Mahogany Association #200'

posted by podboy
 [edit]

05-Nov-10
end tables
I dont know what your furniture would be called, but the part that folds down sounds like a drop leaf, I have a set of mahogany end tables that say the same as your label and yes they are from Mich. I know of an antique dealer in Bainbridge Ohio, actually a couple of them, I'm gonna give her a call when I get finished up here to see if she knows anything about it that might help us out.
posted by nancyk
 [edit]

18-Nov-10
Help me identify mahogany flatware box
Mahogany association #650 flatware box. I need maker and age. Thanks.
posted by nene
 [edit]

22-Nov-10
MA #155
I also have a 155. A wagon wheel tea cart with a shelf. I believe my aunt may have bought it after she married in 1955. The only thing to identify the piece is the mahogany assoc labet #155. Anyone else have anything like this?
posted by CRNA
 [edit]

27-Nov-10
want info on 4 piece stamped victorian 413 mahogany associan
i have 4 piece stamped victorian 413 mahogany association wit stamped imported from italy marble tops i have had them for over 20 years handed down from grandparents they had it for at least 40 years so they are to my knowledge 75 to 100 years old and would like some kind of value or more info of someone who has same stuff
posted by wheeler
 [edit]

27-Nov-10
their is 4 pieces to that
i have whole set handed down to me their is 2 small end tables a oval coffee table and a large rectangle 2 drawer wit a harp pedistal all wit imported from italy marble tops stamped on bottom ive had them for over 20 years and grandparents order them from italy for $3,000 over 40 years before me so i know they are about 75 to 100 years old that is as much as i know let me know if you might want to sell what you have like i said it is a 4 piece set
posted by wheeler
 [edit]

28-Nov-10
it is 1 piece of a 4 piece set
i have whole set coffee table 2 end tables round and a rectangle 2 drawer wit harp pedastal bace all marble tops stamped on bottom from italy and all wit hand carved roses on wood i know they are 75 to 100 years old and had to be order coast back then was around 3000 dollars new
posted by wheeler
 [edit]

28-Nov-10
not a plant stand it is 1 piece of a 4 piece set i have whole set
their is 2 small lamp stands wich is what you have but their is a oval coffee table and a large rectangle stand wit a harp pedastal all pieces have hand carved roses curved inward legs wit stamped 413 mahogany association stickers wit a burned stamped victorian on wood and stamped on bottom of marble tops imported from italy i know that the whole set cost 3000 dollars 65 years ago and they are around 70 to 100 years old and had to be order in us
posted by wheeler
 [edit]

28-Nov-10
 [edit]

28-Nov-10
LMFAO
Ha-Haaaaaaaaaa!!!
posted by sdc
 [edit]

28-Dec-10
#253 Lentz Table Co
I have a beautiful mahogany 2 tier table with a spectacular MA sticker #253 on the bottom. I keep the table upsidedown so I can look at my sticker everyday! You won't find anything like this at Wal-mart (aka: the Evil Empire) they only sell Crap stickers of bunnies & spongeBob! I sincerely hope this helps Brent complete his 4 year list he's compiling! :)
posted by Doozle
 [edit]

28-Dec-10
 [edit]

28-Dec-10
Ah, a breath of fresh air ...
Ah, a breath of fresh air ...

you just can't just make this stuff up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6owbYgcAtVQ
edited on 28-Dec-10 06:07 PM  [edit]

02-Jan-11
#542 Hekman
#542 Mahogany end table. Hekman Tables of Merit, Grand Rapids, MI.

I see on your reply's that someone else has 2 tables that are numbered 542. What does the number represent?
posted by newbee
 [edit]

02-Jan-11
posted by poach
edited on 02-Jan-11 04:27 PM  [edit]

02-Jan-11
 [edit]

02-Jan-11
China Cabinet in excellent condition. wish i knew what it is worth!
posted by hollyw
 [edit]

03-Jan-11
for value...
add a zero to your number or subtract a number...
http://www.wolvesgonewild.com/images/photo-threemonkies.jpg
posted by rockland
 [edit]

03-Jan-11
Value?
The standard method of determining value of any Mahogany Association piece is to use the simple formula below.

x (a/b) = bth root of (x a) = ( bth (root)(x) ) a
 [edit]

03-Jan-11
E=MC²....the M represents...
E=MC²....the M represents your Mahogany Association Number

posted by matty
 [edit]

24-Jan-11
Nothing else written on it, so I can't tell who the manufacturer is. If anyone can help, I'd love to hear it. I've bought this for $400.

Leather inlay. Locking center drawer. Solid metal wheels.

The gentleman I'm buying it from says it's probably from the 1940's or 50's. I'm no expert on furniture, but all I know is that I'm pretty drawn to this desk for some reason, and I'm willing to give $400 for it. I hope it'll be worth it...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ucberkeley/sets/72157625766547/...
posted by tom888
edited on 25-Jan-11 09:48 PM  [edit]

27-Feb-11
Has a recent list been compiled?
I know that some of you think this is ridiculous, but since the original list was destroyed, this is an interesting way to re-create it. It may seem senseless now, but in another 100 years, someone might benefit from it.

I've been in the antiques business for 39 years, selling mostly 18th & early 19th c furniture. Yes, this 20th c furniture is not antique, but it's a good idea to document manufacturers now. The pieces with the MA label are at least real mahogany and they're a heck of a lot better than the crap being sold today ..... modern furniture won't be standing in 70 years! So, let's give the members of the MA some credit for striving for quality in a time when other manufacturers were cutting corners and using inferior woods with veneers.

I do happen to have a piece that has the MA tag, but no manufacturer's label. I would be interested in figuring out who the manufacturer is, because it's a very nicely made block front chest on chest. There is even hand champhoring inside the drawers, so it's not a piece that was just thrown together. The # on the tag is 199, so if someone has a piece with #199 plus a maker's label, I'd be happy to hear about it.

Thanks,
Carolyn
posted by Carolyn9678
 [edit]

09-Mar-11
I can tell you what my #328...
I can tell you what my #328 is worth.It was in the trash and I got it for free. Cool little table with shelf under it.

posted by tripledigits69
edited on 09-Mar-11 02:56 AM  [edit]

14-Mar-11
Mahogany # 123
Imperial Furniture Co. Grand Rapids, MI.
30" Round pedestal table with leather inlay and 1 drawer (with stickers).
posted by carollullaby
 [edit]

12-Apr-11
#413 Tables
I have a pair of pedastle style tables with white marble tops that could be used as occasional tables or end tables. they are labeled Victorian, Mahogany Association, Inc. #413
posted by anniem
 [edit]

23-Apr-11

posted by herrick
edited on 26-Apr-11 06:24 PM  [edit]

23-Apr-11
like a flair of herpes or that unexpected visit from your pedophile second cousin who "didn't really do it"....it's back
posted by matty
 [edit]

24-May-11
#332 - MARVELOUS 4 DRAWER CHEST!
Hi, once I found my marvelous 4 drawer chest in a Thrift Shop @ Belleview, FL I thought it was a treasure. It's condition is so fine or maybe so mint and excellent I cannot believe it, it looks brand new.

Mine I only clean with castor oil and wipe of the dust.
It's Association number is 332.

Do you know what's the real value and can help me? I do not intend to sell it, I will keep my beautiful treasure.
posted by The Soapmaker
edited on 17-Jul-11 01:15 AM  [edit]

25-May-11
Mahogany Association Number 123
I just purchased a mahogany 5 drawer chest of drawers with a carved Eagle carrying some sort of draped cloth in it's beak in the center of the top drawer. It has an old tag that was stuck on the
back saying that it was from West Michigan Furniture Co. Holland, Michigan.
I believe that the 123 Mahogany Association number belonged to the West Michigan Furniture Co. if it is true that these numbers were assigned to the various furniture manufacturing companies.

posted by skinner
 [edit]

02-Jun-11
Imperial grand rapids mich.
number=123
Side table round, two tiered
posted by chris37
 [edit]

02-Jun-11
posted by H.moon (UK)
 [edit]

06-Jun-11
Serving tray with galss top with Map of Porthmouth, NH #247
I bot some time ago at a yard sale the above item. There is a label that says.
All expose parts guaranty
Solid Genuine Mahogany
This label issued under panalty contract #247
Mahogany association, inc.

If anyone have one and or has a value to it, would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gerry
Ogunquit, Maine
posted by Gerald
 [edit]

06-Jun-11
wham
posted by Lunchbox (USA)
 [edit]

06-Jun-11
#225 - The Georgetown Galleries
2 side tables (nightstands?) and one dresser. Each piece has one Mahog Assoc label and one Georgetown Galleries label in a top drawer. Labels says:

ALL EXPOSED PARTS GUARANTEED
SOLID
GENUINE MAHOGANY
GENUINE MAHOGANY GROWS ONLY IN WEST INDIES
TROPICAL AMERICA AND WEST COAST AFRICA
THIS LABEL ISSUED UNDER PENALTY CONTRACT
NUMBER 225
MAHOGANY ASSOCIATION INC.
posted by estatesaleitems
 [edit]

06-Jun-11
#160 - unknown
A highboy dresser with no manufacturer label.
In topmost drawer is one Mahog Assoc label which says:

ALL EXPOSED STRUCTURAL PARTS
AND PLYWOOD FACES GUARANTEED
GENUINE MAHOGANY
(GENUINE MAHOGANY GROWS ONLY IN WEST INDIES
TROPICAL AMERICA AND WEST COAST AFRICA)
THIS LABEL ISSUED UNDER PENALTY CONTRACT
NUMBER 160
MAHOGANY ASSOCIATION INC.
 [edit]

06-Jun-11
#204 -
Source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080624053647AAZNMIe

I need help finding info on an antique bedroom set I just bought. All Mahogany wood. Mt. Airy Furn,Co. in NC.?
There is a full bedroom set that all matches. Tag inside the chest of drawers says All exposed structural parts and plywood faces Guaranteed Genuine Mahogany. #204. Mahogany Association Inc. On the back of the Vanity there is an old tag that is very faded with Mount Airy Funiture Co. Mount Airy ,NC and above another Furniture Co can't quite make out the name. Maybe Szeeman Furn Co in Arizona. Will try to find out the name. Ball and claw feet on all with casters and original hardware and original material on vanity bench. I can't find any info on the Furniture companies, the style, the age or time period. Basically no info and I would really appreciate any help on finding out about this set

Additional Details
There is a full bedroom set that all matches. Tag inside the chest of drawers says All exposed structural parts and plywood faces Guaranteed Genuine Mahogany. #204. Mahogany Association Inc. On the back of the Vanity there is an old tag that is very faded with Mount Airy Funiture Co. Mount Airy ,NC and above another Furniture Co can't quite make out the name. Maybe Szeeman Furn Co in Arizona. Will try to find out the name. Ball and claw feet on all with casters and original hardware and original material on vanity bench. I can't find any info on the Furniture companies, the style, the age or time period.Pic that the owner sent to me are below.
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s80/heartstringannouncements/rthd/100_0574.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s80/heartstringannouncements/rthd/100_0576.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s80/heartstringannouncements/rthd/100_0580.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s80/heartstringannouncements/rthd/100_0573.jpg

3 years ago
 [edit]

06-Jun-11
posted by Killian (IRL)
 [edit]

15-Jun-11
i have a dresser set it's from mahogany association.inc the number on the dresser is 239
i was wonder how much this dresser set is it's in good condition i want to sell them but don't know who to go to i'm in tucson az if you know where i could sell theses or how much they could be please let me know
posted by drkiceis
 [edit]

20-Jun-11
# 239 Kling Dresser
I have a huge dresser #239 with a Kling, Mayville NY plaque inside. Trying to figure out how much it is worth!
posted by kristen
 [edit]

09-Jul-11
Mahogany drum table
I have a mahogany drum table with claw feet. Inside the drawer is a sticker which says the number 184. Mahogany Association, Inc. GENUINE MAHOGANY Copyright - USA
posted by gubbell
 [edit]

10-Jul-11
#253 The Kling Factories
I have a twin size headboard, footboard and rails bed, with a paper tag stapled to it. It is stated that this label is a critical aspect of your piece that indicates it is a true original Kling piece made before WW2.
posted by tigerlily531
 [edit]

01-Aug-11
No Mahogany Association...
No Mahogany Association number, but got this spectacular Emil Milan "Emilan" Honduras Mahogany salad bowl and servers today for $20.00. Am hoping someone can help me assign the appropriate mahogany association number so I can sell it for lots of money ;-)

posted by jesgord (USA)
 [edit]

01-Aug-11
And that no man might buy or sell,
save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
Mahogany Association Number #666
Enjoy.
 [edit]

07-Aug-11
#144 Columbia Manufacturing Co. Louisville, KY
We have a square coffee table with the harp design on the sides, has a lift off glass top.

It has the Mahogany Assoc label on the bottom #144. It was made by the Columbia Manufacturing Company here in Louisville, KY.

Columbia Manufacturing Company (CMC) operated here in Louisville from the late 1800's until the 1980's.

Diana
posted by Huntressdiana
 [edit]

12-Aug-11
5 Drawer Chest with matching 2 Drawer End Table. Both are #536
I found this set in Hanceville, Alabama at the local thrift store. I noticed that it was solid mahogany and was in great condition. By the legs I could see that it was a vintage type piece. Typically I know very little about design however, I wanted this set being that it had been marked down from $80 to $17. I was very happy getting this great deal!

Manufacturer: Link-Taylor

The 5 Drawer Chest stands approx. 45.5" tall, is 38" wide and 19" deep. Each drawer front measures 7.5" high and the handles extend the length of the drawer front.

The 2 Drawer End Table Stands approx. 23.5",is 21" wide and 15" deep. Drawer fronts also measures 7.5" high and handles extend length of drawer.

The color is a pale yellow and looks as though it was stained not painted. I'm wondering if I can have it refinished or should I leave it alone. I wont do anything to it until I know for sure.

Pictures can be available.
posted by jolei
edited on 12-Aug-11 01:11 AM  [edit]

13-Aug-11
posted by Brent (USA)
 [edit]

18-Aug-11

Hey, Tom, I've got a 184 too, and the desk is different, but without a doubt the same maker - leather desk surface, same hardware, same look.
Mine came through the family, either purchased in the Bay Area or southern Cal... I'm guessing in the 30's, but maybe 40's... really haven't checked into it yet... until I found this magnificent thread.
posted by Annabelle
edited on 18-Aug-11 08:12 AM  [edit]

29-Aug-11
#413 Plant stand
I have a Mahogany plant stand that I gave to my mother when I was a teenager which would make it about 55 years old. I just wondered what it was worth. rat
posted by rat
 [edit]

08-Sep-11
Mahogany Association Inc
Have a two tier table that states Mahogany Association, Inc. #123. It also has a sticker "Imperial" (cannot read with else it says). There is also a #4142 on the bottom of the table.

Any information!!! Thanks.
posted by MiMa
 [edit]

11-Sep-11
sofa stand/end table #123
My son in law just acquired a sofa stand rather to say that has the gold designs around the lighter colored wood on the top of the stand. It is a beautiful marbled mahogany with a single pull out drawer. Inside the drawer are 2 stickers, between the both ( I forget which is which one) it states Imperial, Grand Rapids, MI.> yes it is Michigan, Genuine Mahogany, Number 123, Mahogany Association Inc.. I do not know any other information on it either but found that of course the numbers between both were the same and wood. It is a beautiful stand that I've already made them set up so there's nothing to get on it, this has minimal at best scarring and it's on the underside of the drawer only ? weird, and no rings from glasses thankfully.
posted by jaimee
 [edit]

11-Sep-11
Mahogany Association Number found.
I recently purcased an end table that was sold at Gordon's Inc. Fine Furniture in Johnson City, Tenn. The Association sticker is still on the ins0de. It is 422.
The end table is a double decker with a hidden sliding shelf on the top level and has a drawer on the lower (main) level. I wonder what it's worth?

sseals02
posted by sseals02
 [edit]

03-Oct-11
Mahogany Associastion Number 155
My table is a card table The top folds open and you turn it around to form the table. It has been in the family for many years. it was manufactured by Brandt Furniture. Is there anyone out there who cantell me the approximate age of this peice. Email richurie at aol.com
posted by richard85
 [edit]

18-Oct-11
Association # 135
Federal style dining room sideboard....haven't seen this # here yet

posted by bmace420
 [edit]

20-Nov-11
Mahogany chairs
I have two chairs and the associaton number is 199
posted by dolcevalteesa
 [edit]

17-Dec-11
Sofa table
I WAS GIVEN A SOFA TABLE #123 FROM MAHOGANY ASSOC, IMPERIAL, GRAND RAPIDS MICH. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT IT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED MORE INFO. IT IS 28" LONG 13" WIDE AND 31" TALL.STRAIGHT BACK, WITH A ROUNDED FRONT, THE FRONT LEGS CURVE OUT AT THE BOTTOM. IT HAS DRAW WITH A BRASS TYPE PULL, AND A SHELF ON THE BOTTOM. ANY THING YOU CAN TELL ME WOULD BE GREATLY APPPRECITAED.

THANK YOU
posted by meme
 [edit]

05-Jan-12
Drexel Mahogany no 160
I have a 9 drawer desk with a similar sticker on it. If I understand it the number would be unique to Drexel. I am trying to figure out the age.
posted by Hal
 [edit]

26-Jan-12
mahogany desk
number332 made by s.r.hungerford c.o.
posted by anglmyway24
 [edit]

26-Jan-12
So sorry anglmyway.

But if your mahogany ass # had been #331....oh my god...well...you'd be....um...RICH!!!!! Oh my!!! So close!

So sorry,

posted by Mark
 [edit]

27-Jan-12
in fairness the reply above...
in fairness the reply above Marks was in the spirit of the original reason the thread was posted, unlike most of the others where it is a question rather than an answer.
posted by Killian (IRL)
 [edit]

27-Jan-12
Very true Killian.
And my apologies to anglmyway.

Best,

Mark
posted by Mark
 [edit]

27-Jan-12

Mark your humour is always appreciated...sorry was simply pointing out and not correcting...please carry on regardless.

Love your work !!
posted by Killian (IRL)
 [edit]

29-Jan-12
Same details
I just acquired a desk with the exact curtain details and the same handles. It has the same man. # as well. Wondering if you have been able to find any info on it.
posted by Paintedfrog
 [edit]

03-Feb-12
help
mahogony bed association # 394 would like to know where it was manufactured
posted by etpjr
 [edit]

20-Feb-12
#123 Imperial Furniture Co....
#123 Imperial Furniture Co. of Grand Rapids
posted by flyingpatricio
 [edit]

29-Feb-12
Mahogany #492
I have a mahogany buffet cabinet, about 6 ft long, 4 ft tall, 30 inches wide with one large center door and two smaller side doors. The craftsmen ship on the door is good but not great so I don't think it is of much value but nonetheless I would like to know what the value is. I have searched high and low for a manufacturer label or signature on the piece but can't find who built this piece. Its only branding is the Mahogany Association tag with it's manufacturer #492. I haven't been able to trace this number back online. Does anyone have any idea who the manufacturer is?
posted by tiger
 [edit]

17-Mar-12
#134 - Tambour Writing Desk
Hepplewhite Style Tambour Writing Desk, c. 1925 by Maddox Tables, Jamestown, NY. Mahogany Association, Inc. Number 134.
posted by Squirrel's Cache
 [edit]

17-Mar-12

posted by H.moon (UK)
 [edit]

25-Mar-12
Mahogany table Association Sticker no. 184
This is a pretty large bi-level corner table with brass hinges, gold inlay in the top and 2 inner top level concaved drawers.. its GORGEOUS!!! My find...39.99 at a thrift shop today!!!!
posted by jeffsgirl
 [edit]

25-Mar-12
Woohoo!

Hahahahahaha!
 [edit]

25-Mar-12
Mahogany Association Number 160 by Drexel
This piece of furniture is a sideboard buffet with 3 drawers on each side and one in the middle with shelves. It is dated 1960 along with the Mahogany Association Number. Where can I find out how much this piece is worth?
posted by Drex160
 [edit]

03-Apr-12
Hope you can help
Hello, my name is Michael. I just bought one table with the dame identifying stamps. I"ve contacted Hekman, they informed me it was out of the 1955 Merit Catalog. I was just hoping you had anymore information on this piece such as current value(just in case I paid too much). But amy information would be very appriciated. Thank you, Michael.
posted by Michael 5150
 [edit]

03-Apr-12
must not drink and type!

posted by Heath (AUS)
edited on 03-Apr-12 07:33 AM  [edit]

11-Apr-12
M.A.I. #444
This piece is a telescoping banquet table with 6 leafs and 8 pulls giving appearance of drawers.
posted by willt
 [edit]

11-Apr-12
Brent...hows your list...
Brent...hows your list coming along ?
posted by Killian (IRL)
 [edit]

12-Apr-12
As I've said...
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
posted by Brent (USA)
 [edit]

12-Apr-12
 [edit]

12-Apr-12
I have a very beautiful,...
I have a very beautiful, very old mahogany coffee table w/brass claw feet.
Mahogany Assotiation #123
Manufactured by...Imperial Furniture Company
Grand Rapids, Michigan
posted by Mavis
 [edit]

14-May-12
Fun and informative!
Deciding to research my 2 MA Inc end tables #184 before donating them to Goodwill I happened across your thread and was reminded of Drew's Law of Highway Ecology: The first bug to hit a clean windshield lands directly in front of your eyes. And there you were! As the well fed and speedily emptied carapace flutters off behind me, thanks for the chuckle and for letting me know that I could be sitting next to a gold mine in charitable deductions.
posted by umClem
 [edit]

06-Jun-12
The dresser with this number has three drawers and a mirror. The mirror is very intricately carved on top. I am still looking for the company information.
posted by abbydog
 [edit]

08-Jun-12
mahogany #144
I have two side tables with the mahogany #144. They were manufactured by Columbia Manufacturing Co, Louisville, KY.
posted by Rhonda44
 [edit]

07-Jul-12
Imperial Coffe Table
I believe that I have the same table......I think. Do you have a picture? Did you find out any additional info about yours? Value? Year? How to restore?
Any help is appreciated...
Thanks,
Paula
posted by Paula Schank
 [edit]

28-Jul-12
Polishing a Mahogany turd
Gonna paint my #184 kidney coffee table and try to sell on craigslist
I'll keep you all posted on it's value when I persuade a local that kidney shaped coffee tables are coming back full swing ...... to be continued .....
posted by Beardown
 [edit]

02-Aug-12
genuine mahagony Imperial
I have a side table made by Imperial of Grand Rapids Michigan. The Genuine Mahogany number is 123 from the Mahogany Association Inc
posted by masterpez
 [edit]

30-Aug-12
Mahogany Association Number 404
We have what is believed to be a Salesman Sample Mahogany Drop Leaf table. The Mahogany Association Number is 404 & still in tact. There is another label beside it that is so severely damaged it was really hard to read. However we were able to pick up some of the info. It read "Authentic Reproduction Craftique"
posted by Lady Auctioneer
edited on 30-Aug-12 05:30 AM  [edit]

31-Aug-12
Wow
A real gem!!! Thank you for sharing your GMAN.
 [edit]

08-Sep-12
Imperial Grand Rapids Mich.
I have a mahogany corner table by Imperial, Grand Rapids Mich. It has a stamped number (on the piece) of 3298. The Mahogany Association Inc. number is 123. I would love to learn more about this piece if anyone knows more about it. It is so similar to a Paul McCobb piece-I sure would love it to be:)
posted by rowdyboys
 [edit]

08-Sep-12
Brent
I hate you.

Best wishes, H.moon
posted by H.moon (UK)
 [edit]

11-Sep-12
160 probably means Drexel
I have the same label w/ a faint Drexel stamp next to it, top drawer of a highboy. Might be able to see Drexel w/ a bright light?
posted by chickie
 [edit]

17-Sep-12
Mahogany table
I got this table today. Only half the sticker is there, but it bears the #213. I would like to know when, where, and by whom this was made.
posted by bvanlox
 [edit]

22-Sep-12
leather top 2 drawer eagle claw 123 table
I have a mahoganey association label inside one of two drawers on a coffee or reading table i know little about. Top is 2leather inlays the rest is mahoganey eagle claws well detailed. And in very good condition i wish somebody could tell me more including its value. ricadooricci at gmail.com
posted by ricadoor
 [edit]

11-Oct-12
mahogany association number
I have a small childrens size writing desk that I picked up from a yard sale. Not sure were it was made or when it was made, I just like the piece. It has a mahogany ass. number of 184. If anyone has any information about this type of desk, I would sure appreciate the feedback.
posted by t rob
 [edit]

11-Oct-12
Today is 11-12-13
Today is 11-12-13
posted by jesgord (USA)
 [edit]

11-Oct-12
And today I had an observation.
Chickens are the only animals that we eat before they are born, and after they are dead.

Carry on.
posted by Mark
edited on 11-Oct-12 10:39 PM  [edit]

11-Oct-12
Caviar?
somewhat off-topic.
Hurrah to that.

[edit]

18-Oct-12
Odd 'kettle' shaped article
I have come into possession of an odd 'kettle' shaped item with a Mohogany Assossication Inc #484. Could someone please inform me as to what this product is used for and it's potential worth?
posted by Webster
 [edit]

26-Nov-12
COFFEE TABLE
i to have the same table did you find out anything on it
posted by hobo8
 [edit]

26-Nov-12
posted by Mark
 [edit]

27-Nov-12
posted by *spanky*
 [edit]

29-Dec-12
MA # 215
Side table with 2 shelves. "The label issued under contract number 215. MAHOGANY ASSOCIATION INC."
posted by dmar
 [edit]

27-Jan-13
Mahogany 4 Legged Round Table #422
Can anyone provide any information regarding this Mahogany 4 legged round table? It has 2 working drawers. Number 422.
How common is this type of table? How many are there?
Thank you,
D

Okay, while I figure out how to upload pictures of this thing......
It has 4 rounded legs that all lead together. The top is about 3 feet in diameter. It is about 3 feet high. These measurements are quick estimates. If anyone is willing to provide insight, I'd be happy to email them.
Thank you,
D
posted by D4987
 [edit]

27-Jan-13
Imperial Furniture Co. of Grand Rapids, Michigan MFG# 1538
We have an eight leg drop leaf table with a stencil marking "1538" on the underside of one of the gate legs. It has one drawer with a sticker in the drawer that says"
"THIS DRAWER IS MADE OF SOLID MAHOGANY" green background and gold letters. There is another sticker Gold on Green with a red crown on the underside of the tabletop. The table is about 46" long and 34" wide when it is opened.

posted by Starbuck1
edited on 27-Jan-13 09:06 PM  [edit]

29-Jan-13
Roung Imperial Mahogany Table
Will send pics of this Genuine Mahogany round table with ornatw bottom, claw feet 1940's era drawer sys @123 Michigan _______ Bros
Ellie at eabel21 at gmail.com
posted by Elba 21
 [edit]

29-Jan-13
I'm in love with you people
Just read this entire thread. It's the perfect definition of the gift that keeps on giving.
posted by tallrea1
 [edit]

16-Feb-13
mahogany assciation #155
i bought a brandt end/side table,four legg with what looks like brass band around each legg and leather top, at a yard sale. when I got home it had two labels, one with Brandt label and a mahogany association label#155. I would like to know more information.
posted by jujumama
 [edit]

24-Feb-13
155 = Brandt, Hagerstown,...
155 = Brandt, Hagerstown, Maryland. "Furniture of Fine Character." A pair of mahogany end tables.
posted by DrugStats
 [edit]

02-Mar-13
Manufacturer
I believe I also may have the same desk from the 1940's. It has claw and ball feet. The Mahogany Association number is also 238. It has the name of Barron O'Rourke Furniture Co from Uxbridge Mass. Hope this helps. Sorry I don't have any pictures to share.
posted by Latinbt
 [edit]

20-Mar-13
Mengel Module Cabinets
I also purchased a pair of cabinets, known as the Mengel Module. They were designed by New York architect Morris Sanders and marketed by Louisville KY furniture manufacturer Mengel in 1946 and 1947. They were exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art in 1946, but unfortunately never caught on. Sanders died shortly after. He was instrumental in the design of the 1939(?) World's Fair.My Mahogany Association sticker for Mengel is numbered 345. The Mengel Module line is distinguished also by a stamp on the interior of the drawers as "Permanized" and by the molded, rounded drawer corners. Although the drawers bear the mahogany stamp, only the visible plies of the drawers are such. Other plies appear to be poplar. The modular dimensions are exactly 36" wide, 18" deep, and 24" tall. The cabinets could be stacked or side by side and connected with aluminum hardware at pre-drilled locations. Blank holes were filled with plastic plugs.

I honestly don't understand all the angst regarding this thread if it is imformative to somebody.
posted by studearch
 [edit]

25-Mar-13
Have a barometer built by Mahogany Association Inc.
posted by Jim1236
 [edit]

25-Mar-13

posted by H.moon (UK)
 [edit]

01-Apr-13
Information on table
I have a table, pedistal with claw style feet, ends that fold up and a drawer. Green sticker says Imperial Rapid Mich, a sticker that says Mahogany Association inc. Number on bottom says 735. Any informatiom on this please.
posted by Sammy D
edited on 01-Apr-13 06:26 PM  [edit]

11-Apr-13
All the Way Over Here...
Little did I know what I was getting into when I asked Google about the infamous Mahogany Association yesterday. I discovered the bunch of you lunatics entertaining a small segment of the universe, keeping people entertained and out of war situations, etc., and I simply could not resist joining in. Little did I dream what worlds would open to me upon the acquisition of too well-used (#155) end tables! Yes, even way over here, on the Big Island of Hawaii, I managed to find... drumroll... The Mahogany Association. After years of mulling over what serene Japanese character I would most like tattooed on my wrist, it is obvious I will have to go with a reproduction of the sticker that rocked the world. Can you imagine what incredible joy it would bring to another person on this blog to come across me and my tattoo one day as they happily vacationed in Hawaii???? Just the chance of seeing Brent's face in our little shop in our little town as his eyes settled on my wrist is worth any expense, any shame or any blood infection I might have to endure. I'm saving my allowance for it, starting RIGHT NOW!
Thanks Everyone, and aloha!
posted by Hawaiian Fan
 [edit]

22-May-13
table information
I have a table that has a slide out piece with a large hole in the center. It says Grand Rapids Michigan Imperial #2022. Any information on what this table is and the value. thanks irene
posted by sweetirene
 [edit]

22-May-13
posted by bellwethr
 [edit]

29-May-13
solid genuine mahogany twin headboard &footboard&hookslats
Hi! I have a solid genuine mahogany twin bed,headboard,footboard&hook slats .There are two numbers on the bed #332 mahogany association & there is like a stamped that says SB 805.Made by S.R Hungerford CO. mahogany association.Im wanting help finding the value of this bed & the year it was made.I haven't had any success looking on my own & would so grateful for any information.This bed is in good condition.Thanks! JULIA
posted by juju1
 [edit]

08-Jul-13
imperial furniture inc. mahagony association #123
i have what i believe to be a drop leaf coffee table it has the imperial and mahagony association #123 and also the #2106 stamped several times on the underside can you tell me where i can find out more information on this item it also has brass footing on it any help would be greatly appriciated ive spent countless days now trying to find out if its worth anything or if its just a knock off from the 20s and 30s if it is worth anything does anyone know approxiately how much ? i did find some pics on e-bay but this has no drawers in itand is cross legged near the bottom like the letter x
posted by timsrevenge
 [edit]

25-Jul-13
mahogany association inc. No. S 910096
Flatware box w/- "slightly tarnished" gold colored flatware inside complete w/- label in "as new" condition?
posted by bristolianboater
 [edit]

25-Jul-13

Oh num shiva, oh num shiva, oh num shiva, oh num shiva....
posted by H.moon (UK)
 [edit]

28-Jul-13
Dear Raghead:
Please post your reply in English for the benefit of our members!

Shookron.

(:>)
posted by bristolianboater
 [edit]

06-Aug-13
5 drawer blond wood dresser # 564
Not sure of manufacter I have original mahogany asso sticker with the no. 564 I would like to know the year and value. In good condition. I have to take some pics. Thank you. Myr
posted by Myr
 [edit]

06-Aug-13
My # is 332
My # is 332
posted by CinScot
 [edit]

06-Aug-13
my #
My # inside one of the drawers is #332. I have 5 pieces: dressing table /mirror, stool, full size chest, and two side chests.
posted by CinScot
 [edit]

14-Aug-13
chair with harp like inlay on backrest
Bought a chair with a harp shape on backrest with a fruit design on green material on seat. Chair number 225. Anyone know if it has any value? Thanks...
posted by Roy Dean
 [edit]

27-Aug-13
This table was found in the office where my father-in-law ran his garbage business. Its in poor shape but any information would be appreciated. I am having it redone.
posted by BrxMom
 [edit]

18-Sep-13
I have a random dresser that lives in my yard. It claims to be some sort of king or ruler of a an underground association. I can't make out much but it sounds like it is saying " read my number b**ch" ( which by the way is 620 ). I know this from its rare and distinguished emblem that is stamped in the drawer. Im not sure if it is truly a king but it is certainly a guru of sorts. I am considering leaving my job and becoming a mahog subject.

posted by 620
 [edit]

18-Sep-13
Mahogany China Cabinet
Hi, my husband and I bought this Mahogany China Cabinet over 20 yrs ago and would like to find out the true value of it today. It has a Mahogany Assoc., Inc. Label on the back, Number 357. Also states this label issued under Penalty of Contract. Any info you can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you!
posted by TT
 [edit]

23-Sep-13
322 corner desk 8724
i have a corner desk mahogany with label on it some of it readable. 322 is on it along africa copyrighted in usa 8724 royal pastel
posted by keeperreal
 [edit]

03-Oct-13
#147 desk
Found on Craigs List for $80.00. a 7 drawer desk made by Kindel of Grand Rapids, MN.
posted by UnAnonymous
 [edit]

09-Oct-13
I recently purchased a 2...
I recently purchased a 2 drawer 2 tier nightstand with #155. Did you ever find out anything on its age?
posted by Jeri
 [edit]

09-Oct-13
posted by Killian (IRL)
 [edit]

24-Oct-13
I almost feel bad posting after reading all the pain and strife this thread has inflicted on y'all... But I can't help it!
Columbia Manufacturing Inc.
Louisville KY. #144
posted by poguemahone
 [edit]

24-Oct-13

Nice user name Pogue.
posted by Killian (IRL)
 [edit]

29-Oct-13
library stand
Library stand #326. 30" dia. Has book slots and fake drawer panels all around. Mfg? Est. price? Proper name of stand?
posted by al m
 [edit]

04-Nov-13
Hi I just purchased a hungersford mahogany dresser with that same number 332.The drawers are curved inward and it has brass triangle shaped pulls on it.
posted by Dee Dee
 [edit]

04-Nov-13
Mahogany toilet seat
I have a mahogany toilet seat that was passed down. Carries the mark 25.99 hdepot. Round to oval. Grain goes length wise.
posted by rockybird
edited on 04-Nov-13 03:25 AM  [edit]

04-Nov-13
snort!
i don't have any mahogany furniture, but damn! after reading this thread, i wish I did. i can't stop laughing. goodnight!
posted by phonegirl
 [edit]

04-Nov-13
haven't posted in a while,
but this is important!
posted by claus (DE)
 [edit]

10-Nov-13
number332
I have a dresser mirror and chest and nightstand. Manufactored at Hungerford in memphis tn. I would love any information.
posted by laney
 [edit]

27-Nov-13
#184 no manufactor. I have...
#184 no manufactor.
I have an eight drawer chest with a pullout desk.
I'd love to know who made it and when.
Judy Hall
posted by Judy Hall
 [edit]

01-Dec-13
# 144
We have a beautiful end table with a round top. The top has a brass lip all the way around it. It was Hubby's Grandma's.
posted by angelajh
 [edit]

28-Dec-13
Imperial End/side Table Num. 123
I have an Imperial Grand Rapids Mich. Mahogany Association Inc. Num. 123 end/side table. It has the leather tops with the gold inlay one drawer. Sticker also says the mahogany only in the west indies,tropical america and west coast Africa. I cant find it anywhere can anyone give me and idea of what i have?
(edited by DA - no valuations request please) Okay sorry about that also under the numbers stamped in ink of 3289 and numbers pressed in wood of 291
posted by Barry Moore
edited on 28-Dec-13 07:47 PM  [edit]

03-Jan-14
All Mahogany Table
My Name is Mike and i have a mahogany table and i would like to find out more about it.The table reminds me of a display table as it has quite a bit of carving.On the
underside of the table i found a metal tag with an eagle at the top under that is True Grand Rapids,Cabinet Making,Certified,I-53673.There is also a decal sticker w/a red border around it w/gold and green bands w/white printing.The printing says All Mahogany,Imperial Grand Rapids,and a black ink stamped number 1042.

The top of the table is Oval Shaped w/carving around the entire edge the rest of the table is a flat surface.It has four fluted columns about 19 3/4" long which connect to a carved piece which secures them and from that block are the legs they remind me of queen ann ans have beautiful carvinf on each leg.The overall heighth of the table in about 28 1/4" and the table top measures 30 1/4' by 24 1/4".I am hoping you can maybe give me mor information on its age and value.Thank you.
posted by Mike B.
 [edit]

03-Jan-14
same procedure as last year?
same procedure as last year ?
same procedure as every year, James!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted by waldorf
edited on 03-Jan-14 06:56 PM  [edit]

01-Feb-14
Half Moon Drop Leaf Coffee Table
I can not find any stickers or manufacturers marks on my half moon drop leaf coffee table. Only a number along an edge of the underside of #1524

Do the numbers ever go into the 4 digits
posted by BitOfLucky
edited on 01-Feb-14 07:52 PM  [edit]

20-Feb-14
Mahogany Association Number 346
I have a Vanity with seven drawers and has been handed down from my mother in law who received it from her great grand mother. Can you help me in telling me who the manufacturer was? And a time frame it was built??
posted by Dianne Deutsch
 [edit]

06-Apr-14
238chest of drawers
My parents have a 4 drawer dresser with mirror and chest of
drawers about 5 ft.tall each with a stamp in a drawer with
238 mahogany on it.Should i keep them or give them away?
I really don't know what to do with them.They are well made.
posted by paulie
 [edit]

15-Apr-14
chest of drawers,# 160 mahogany association inc sticker
who made it and when did they make it,thanks
posted by bigdaddy
 [edit]

15-Apr-14
Still going strong...
After all these years.
posted by Lunchbox (USA)
 [edit]

16-Apr-14
why ?
why not????.
posted by waldorf
 [edit]

18-Apr-14
Drexel Buffet
I have a drexel buffet with the number 160. I got it at a garage sale for 80.00. I was going to paint it white and use it as an entertainment center...maybe I better not...It is beautiful!! Any thoughts as to what it is worth?
posted by efranco74
 [edit]

20ème Siècle

An interactive place to share your questions and reflections about
modern & post-modern design.

advertising