Hello pros! I am hoping to get some help in finding out more about a set of chairs I recently purchased (used to be owned by a local library). I have added some pictures and some amateur questions below. Any information would be so helpful as I’d love to fix these up somehow.
1. Does this look like pleather or leather?
2. What was used to cover the wood, tan paint? Colored epoxy? Why would this have been done? Can I safely strip it?
3. What type of wood looks to be underneath?
4. Overall thoughts on chair?
5. What time period do you believe this is from?