Skip to main content

Search form

Filters

DI FRUTTA SITINGS!

Section
Off topic
- 23 Jul 2017 -
17 posts / 0 new

Until now there were only two known photos of the (in)famous Italian designer Gianni Sachetto di Frutta. There's been a lot of chatter about various products possibly attributed to him, but as far as we know the only sure thing is the Speedo Chair. He seems to be coasting on that one. It got him into that 20th Century Designers photo shoot for Playboy, sure---but since then?

DI FRUTTA SITINGS!

Comments

- 23 Jul 2017

I just sprayed decent vodka all over my keyboard. out my nose.

oh my god.

Aunt mark

- 23 Jul 2017

Turns out he's around, you just gotta look.

Apparently he was at the Milan Furniture Fair recently. Not clear whether he was exhibiting or not. Wait, no---I'm guessing not, if we are talking about new furniture designs.

Then he got a snack at a local sausage shop...??

- 23 Jul 2017

Dude gets around. This appears to be somewhere very tropical. The ladies like him.

- 24 Jul 2017

Apparently stowed away on a flight to Canada with that cute young PM & fam?

There is a rumor on Canadian chat boards that he tried to sell them a set of Speedo Chairs and they declined, giving the reason that there were young children in the home.

- 24 Jul 2017

adding a photo, in case you don't believe me.

- 24 Jul 2017

Then I'm guessing he crossed over into the US because here he is with a vehicle that can't possibly be un-American, right? Even if it's a VW below.

Also doing some sightseeing? Or simply trespassing...?

- 24 Jul 2017

Hack...cough ...cough again, spit.

goddamn funny.

oh.

- 24 Jul 2017

Oh but there's more.

Public fountain in London!

Her Majesty was NOT amused.

- 24 Jul 2017

And last, this selfie in Hamburg. Someone needs to show him how to focus that thing.

- 09 Mar 2018

Don't know how I missed this. Have there been any sightings with Trump, anywhere ?

Gianni really gets around. Always knows what to wear, too. It's more fun than Where's Waldo, that's for sure.

Remember: you are not a Robot. I don't care what they say . . .

- 09 Mar 2018

That's trump behind Di Frutta in the last photo, talking to Putin! His face is obscured, as it should be in all photos.

- 09 Mar 2018

I will have to keep my eyes peeled for this diFrutta. Do you think he wears a speedo coat in Denmark in the winter?

- 09 Mar 2018

No doubt. Few have noticed that his basic black Speedo is the tuxedo of Speedos . . . perfect for a night on the town, or an intimate cocktail (ahem) party.

Duh -- I missed the Donald, and Putin, in the In-Your-Face Gianni-selfie photo. I'd make an awful secret agent . . .!

- 09 Mar 2018

Oh, i think Di Frutta is way too hot-blooded to ever need an coat of any type, anywhere.

Are you traveling, Leif?!

- 10 Mar 2018

No, not traveling.

This is a rather special chair, but not because of the fur seat, although I imagine that if Di Frutta were ever to chill out this might be the speedo look for him.

- 10 Mar 2018

Wait: "SITINGS" ?

Maybe that's an ironic spelling. We'll move on . . .

Here's the Finn Juhl Wiki page. There's a Chieftain settee -- perfect for when Gianni is beside himself with . . . something (lust ? pride ? confusion ?) ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finn_Juhl